SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Klondikes now 4.0 oz.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Klondikes now 4.0 oz. Login/Join 
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted
One day, they'll be 1 oz. I Googled to see if I was wrong that they've downsized and found a post where a guy was bitching when they went to 4.5 oz. 6 years ago. Now they're 4.0. So my great grandkids will be able to fit a Klondike on a spoon.

Just raise the fucking price you cowards! Mad

Posts: 11379 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't know the size difference but did notice they are much, much smaller now and I have quit buying them.

Cheap bastards!

Posts: 1158 | Location: Near Orlando, FL | Registered: September 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FiremanFrank:
I didn't know the size difference but did notice they are much, much smaller now and I have quit buying them.

Cheap bastards!

I get that they have to stay profitable. I just hate this sneaky downsizing thing. I'd rather pay $6 for a proper package that'll please my family, than $3 and everyone's like WTH??

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
They're helping you with your Disciplined Pursuit of Less Big Grin

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23246 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I don't have a Klondike bar very often, but it is my go to ice cream bar.

That's just screwed up. I'd rather them just up the price if they really have to, not change the product.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:

This would be true if my kids weren't nagging me to go get another package of six! lol I think I'm just going to start ordering Penn State Ice Cream (the college has a creamery). It comes in a HALF GALLON tub. Yes. Their half gallon tubs hold a half gallon. Crazy huh? It's aso the best Ice Cream I've ever had.

Buy a few of those for the freezer and you're set for a good while. Assuming some modicum of self-control (which is a big assumption for me). In truth, that's what I liked about Klondikes. The allocation thing for a family of six was great, but if the portions suck, then it's annoying.

Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
You should thank them. Just cancer sticks with High Fructose Corn Syrup. Frown

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I'm sure extensive studies have shown people prefer paying more for less product.

The labeling some of them do is fantastic as well. "Party Size" bag of potato chip has 8oz of product. Back in my day, that's what mom packed in my lunch. Big Grin

Posts: 10932 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
I'm just going to start ordering Penn State Ice Cream (the college has a creamery). It comes in a HALF GALLON tub. Yes. Their half gallon tubs hold a half gallon. Crazy huh? It's aso the best Ice Cream I've ever had.
I think you'd have to be a bit further south to find a Publix grocery store, but their house brand, Publix Premium, still has a full half gallon in each container and is extremely high quality. They have a really big selection of flavors, including the One True Ice Cream: Maple Walnut.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:

BAHAHAHAHHAHA, FTW!!!!!!!!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
It's just like potato chips, price stays the same but they put less chips in. More air, though so you think you're getting the same amount of chips.

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
I have seen some that used the same size container but the label had been changed and it was only 3/4 full. Mad

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
I have seen some that used the same size container but the label had been changed and it was only 3/4 full. Mad

This is very prevalent in many consumer products. Pisses me off when I open it up and see.

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Now you don't have to do as much for a Klondike Bar.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Don't better things come in smaller packages though?

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
Now you don't have to do as much for a Klondike Bar.

Nice Cool

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20819 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
It's not just Klondike bars. Everything is shrinking. TP is now an inch less wide. LOL

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
It's not just Klondike bars. Everything is shrinking. TP is now an inch less wide. LOL

No, your ass is getting bigger.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:

No, your ass is getting bigger.

We've now come full circle and know the cause for the smaller sized klondikes.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20819 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
I think I'm just going to start ordering Penn State Ice Cream (the college has a creamery). ... It's also the best Ice Cream I've ever had.

They also have some kind of ice-cream-ology degree program. There's an ice cream shop in Bethlehem PA where the owners graduated from Penn State and make their own ice cream. Some traditional, but some very untraditional flavors, like lime ginger. It is, hands down, the absolute best ice cream I've ever had. My daughter and I have been there several times.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3299 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post