SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Got the race card played on me today
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got the race card played on me today Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Charcoal is black. I'm white. Clearly I know nothing about it.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
"I'm not much of a griller. We only burn crosses on peoples front lawns."

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
"I'm not racist, I own a color TV".

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
I completely agree. The 1960s and early 70s pale in comparison to havoc created in the last 8 years.

quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
I can't remember when there has been more racial hostility than now-and I was around in the 60s.

When BHO was elected I thought, "Oh well, at least that should really help to smooth race relations."

NOT Roll Eyes

Posts: 8618 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
So, as a last resort, she offered to have sex with you if you would help her?

quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
So cruising through Costco in my typical Costco mode, grab shit and GTFO as quickly as possible. Got the motor oil and cruising across the center section to get over to the pharmacy section. A large black woman stepped directly in front on my cart, stopping all forward progress looked at me and asked,

"Do you know which of these bags of charcoal is better."

"I haven't a clue."

"That's insulting you just aren't helping me because I'm black."

"No, I'm not helping you because I don't work here. Which would be more insulting, me not helping you or me assuming that you're too damn stupid to read a label and can't make a decision for yourself?"

"Fuck you!"

So, I guess my assumption was right.

Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
He might have taken her up on it. IIRC, he did have sex with the liberal chick back when he was in school. Big Grin

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15481 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking she killed the mood by insulting him first.

quote:
He might have taken her up on it. IIRC, he did have sex with the liberal chick back when he was in school. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
I'm thinking she killed the mood by insulting him first.

quote:

Some people are into angry sex.. just sayin

Posts: 1304 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
As a young person I frequently get asked questions where people simply assume I work where ever. When I've got nothing better to do and I'm knowledgeable about whatever it is I'll help them out.

I just assume they're mentally handicapped.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would have told her that "Black Charcoal's Matter".

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
Nothing to do with the race card thing but why do people always think I work at every retail store whenever I'm in a store wearing my work clothes. Since when do sales associates at Best Buy wear black scrubs. I had someone ask me at cabelas once. It happens to me all the time. "Sorry I thought you worked here." How dumb are you?

Happens to me as well. The best was at Home Depot and an older gentleman started asking me questions. I had my kids with me and was wearing a maroon and black bowling shirt that had my kids' school's logo embroidered on it. Upon seeing this, his wife rolled her eyes and said "Honey, he doesn't work here". He apologized, but said because of my shirt, he thought I worked there. I said no problem it happens all the time, but my kids were laughing. The couldn't figure out how the shirt I was wearing looked anything like the orange Home Depot outfit.

Posts: 10932 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27948 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:

Happens to me as well. The best was at Home Depot and an older gentleman started asking me questions. I had my kids with me and was wearing a maroon and black bowling shirt that had my kids' school's logo embroidered on it. Upon seeing this, his wife rolled her eyes and said "Honey, he doesn't work here". He apologized, but said because of my shirt, he thought I worked there. I said no problem it happens all the time, but my kids were laughing. The couldn't figure out how the shirt I was wearing looked anything like the orange Home Depot outfit.

A few summers ago, I was with my family when we took my then 4 year old nephew to Disney World. I'd been lugging my camera with me, trying to get a good shot of Rapunzel's tower for my nephew, and as I'm lining up the shot I get rather rudely interrupted by some very entitled sounding lady: "Well, aren't you going to take our picture?"

Me: "No. I don't work here. Now, I would appreciate it if you would leave me alone."

I suppose it's sort of easy to make that mistake if you constantly see park employees with giant cameras all day and all you do is look for the gear, but c'mon. I was wearing a black shirt that had "i void warranties" printed on it, jeans, flip flops, and a green American flag hat. At least pretend to try.

The really funny thing about the whole exchange was that I would have gladly taken her family's photos, edited them up that night, and emailed them to her along with a complete release of copyright, all for $0, had she just been polite. Instead she embarrassed me, herself, her family, and after all that she still didn't get what she wanted.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3352 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:

The last karma I sent out passed through Kingsford MI.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Sorry, but as I haven't used charcoal since 1982, I have no idea which one is best.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have heard charcoal is great for indoor heating as well with the windows tightly closed.

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quirky Lurker
posted Hide Post
What we have here is an opportunity to boycot the racist manufacturers of charcoal. Why do they make all charcoal black when the sole purpose for it is to set it on fire? How about the game of pool where the whole object is to knock the black ball into a hole. How about olives? Why do the bllack olives come in a can and the green olives come in a jar. Its racist man totally racist.

Posts: 869 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JDSigManiac:
What we have here is an opportunity to boycot the racist manufacturers of charcoal. Why do they make all charcoal black when the sole purpose for it is to set it on fire? How about the game of pool where the whole object is to knock the black ball into a hole. How about olives? Why do the bllack olives come in a can and the green olives come in a jar. Its racist man totally racist.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
What are you grilling, chicken or ribs?

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of qcsmitty
posted Hide Post
quote:
I can't remember when there has been more racial hostility than now-and I was around in the 60s.

When BHO was elected I thought, "Oh well, at least that should really help to smooth race relations."

NOT Roll Eyes

I concur, Jim.

Posts: 3778 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post