SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Got the race card played on me today
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got the race card played on me today Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
So cruising through Costco in my typical Costco mode, grab shit and GTFO as quickly as possible. Got the motor oil and cruising across the center section to get over to the pharmacy section. A large black woman stepped directly in front on my cart, stopping all forward progress looked at me and asked,

"Do you know which of these bags of charcoal is better."

"I haven't a clue."

"That's insulting you just aren't helping me because I'm black."

"No, I'm not helping you because I don't work here. Which would be more insulting, me not helping you or me assuming that you're too damn stupid to read a label and can't make a decision for yourself?"

"Fuck you!"

So, I guess my assumption was right.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hahaha sounds about right. I have to go to sams club because there's SO many people at Costco and I can't take the craziness there.

I just wonder who's the bigger group of racists, the white people that just try to stay out of other's business regardless of their skin color, or the other "oppressed" races that have nothing better to do than bring up race in every issue in their life...

I really wonder if people are blind to the fact that there are probably very few white people that give two shits what race you are...

Posts: 1304 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
I wouldve gone into a looooong explanation about how charcoal is made and what makes one charcoal better than another. Finishing with "I never buy the shit here because they only sell terrible charcoal, I always stock up a years worth or more at bbq competitions, hope that helps, have a nice day"

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
The way you layed that situation out, I might have been hard pressed to not quickly say "Because you're black" and then shuffle on past, laughing all the way.

At least that's my fantasy version. Big Grin

Posts: 7254 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
I wouldve gone into a looooong explanation about how charcoal is made and what makes one charcoal better than another. Finishing with "I never buy the shit here because they only sell terrible charcoal, I always stock up a years worth or more at bbq competitions, hope that helps, have a nice day"

This is good.... go with this Big Grin

Posts: 1304 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I can't remember when there has been more racial hostility than now-and I was around in the 60s.

When BHO was elected I thought, "Oh well, at least that should really help to smooth race relations."

NOT Roll Eyes

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

No, tell them about how charcoals made.....and nothing is nearly as good as home made charcoal and go into a long dissertation on how to make your own charcoal.....LOL

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
"How dare you assume that just because I'm a white male, I must know all about grilling?"

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So many things come to mind as a good response that can't be laid out here. From my behind the scenes look as a brown guy I'll say there are plenty of black people that are racist as shit to and behind the backs of white people. I'm sick of it personally. I tell people all the time no ones around that actually ever met a slave so STFU and live in modern times. Every race has their shitty people though. What's funny is if black slaves could see what black people complain about now they'd probably beat the hell out of all of them.

Sounds like she was looking to pick a fight. Look on the bright side she has to live with herself everyday.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
"How dare you assume that just because I'm a white male, I must know all about grilling?"

Fixed it for ya. She was obviously a sexist-racist. Of course, everyone knows that males are the masters of the grill Big Grin

Ken

Posts: 1049 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I've had the race card pulled on me, which makes no sense. But my finest moment was when I told a man and woman I wasn't watching because they were black but because they were stealing, followed immediately by them pulling merchandise out of their pockets and leaving.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Nothing to do with the race card thing but why do people always think I work at every retail store whenever I'm in a store wearing my work clothes. Since when do sales associates at Best Buy wear black scrubs. I had someone ask me at cabelas once. It happens to me all the time. "Sorry I thought you worked here." How dumb are you?

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Me: Oh, Kingsford, of course. Now which instant rice and pancake syrup are the best?

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Me: Oh, Kingsford, of course. Now which instant rice and pancake syrup are the best?

Aunt Jemimas of course.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:

Aunt Jemimas of course.

And Uncle Ben's for the rice! Cool

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow.

You could have said "I'm VEGAN, you murderer", but it's probably best to not to reply at all.

Posts: 4586 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Vegan, transgender and left handed. Take that bitch.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:

Win! Cool

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12328 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
Nothing to do with the race card thing but why do people always think I work at every retail store whenever I'm in a store wearing my work clothes. Since when do sales associates at Best Buy wear black scrubs. I had someone ask me at cabelas once. It happens to me all the time. "Sorry I thought you worked here." How dumb are you?

This is funny. I work in financial services and gave up on colors for my business casual attire and now wear all black. People always assume I work in a restaurant now. Not my intention, but I don't care enough to do away with the simplicity of my wardrobe. I had a manager once that used to joke about it from time to time and I finally said, why don't we ask our HR rep (an African American) if there is anything wrong with the color black.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
Nothing to do with the race card thing but why do people always think I work at every retail store whenever I'm in a store wearing my work clothes.
I have a small business that supplies some items to hardware stores, mostly Ace or True Value. On the days that I go to the stores I make a conscious effort not to dress like the store employees; I pick colors that are different from theirs.

Inevitably, customers ask me where to find things. Maybe because I'm walking around with a clipboard.

If I know where to find the left-handed framistan that they're looking for, I'll tell them. Otherwise, I tell them that I'm an outside supplier and the store employees' union gets all bent out of shape if I try to help a customer, but I'll find an employee to help them. This works, because I know almost all of the staff at the stores I deal with, and I have a joking relationship with most of them.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30660 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post