SIGforum
Carl’s junior menu pricing

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/2080080564

January 04, 2020, 09:07 AM
Kskelton
Carl’s junior menu pricing
So my brother and I are out of town and decided to swing by Carl’s junior for a quick bite to eat this morning. They have a sign outside that says 2 sausage egg and cheese biscuits for 2.50, but my brother is picky so he’s not a sausage guy but he likes bacon so we order 2 bacon egg and cheese biscuits. Total is 8.25 for 2 bacon egg and cheese biscuits. I just don’t understand why i can get 6-7 sausage egg and cheese biscuits for the same price as 2 bacon egg and cheese. Whatever it is what it is I just wanted to gripe about it. Oh... and they put 20 packages of ketchup in my bag I’m not sure who eats ketchup on a bacon egg and cheese biscuit but even if you do why 20 packages?

www.OneStopFirearms.com
January 04, 2020, 12:09 PM
tsmccull
Maybe the business has a surplus of sausage and ketchup they’re trying to get rid of, but barely enough bacon?
January 04, 2020, 12:20 PM
Pipe Smoker
My last visit to a Carl’s Jr. was about five years ago. I asked the server how much the burger patties weighed. She didn’t know. Roll Eyes I left without ordering.

Serious about crackers
January 04, 2020, 01:14 PM
Lord Vaalic
It like any store having a sale on one product over another.

Or why if I order a burger with everything vs a burger hold the lettuce and onion and tomoato its the same price.

That's the product they chose for sale for whatever business reason. There are always deals on two Whopper Jrs, two double cheeseburgers, two whatever. The rest of the menu prices don't change because there is a deal on one item.

And two for $2 doesn't always mean 1 for $1 either

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day
January 04, 2020, 02:43 PM
arfmel
Sausage is made from spleens, salivary glands, sawdust , and snouts.

Bacon is made from, well, bacon.
January 04, 2020, 03:27 PM
ridgerat
It's a promotion. Nothing more.

Virtually every business does promotions of some sort. It might be a new product, a limited-time release, a special price, etc. The point is to get people in the door, and try the item.

When the cashier told you the price, did you not question it?

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League
January 04, 2020, 08:49 PM
drill sgt
have you ever noticed that if you ordered the meal deal #1 (burger/ fries/ soda) it is not the price if you order that (same burger/ fries/ soda) if you order individually... seems to be common practicein a lot of places... drill sgt.
January 04, 2020, 10:24 PM
Kskelton
quote:
Originally posted by ridgerat:

When the cashier told you the price, did you not question it?

No I didn’t question it. I understand how promotions work so it is what it is, but I just wanted to bitch that it costs 3x more than sausage egg and cheese for a bacon egg and cheese. And the idiots that want $15/hr+ but give away their employers ketchup packets for no reason (I’m not in the food business but I’m fairly certain those things aren’t free)

www.OneStopFirearms.com
January 05, 2020, 07:06 AM
PowerSurge
Like what was stated earlier, it’s a promotion. I’ve never seen where a restaurant will put all their biscuits on sale. It’s usually just one and maybe two different kinds.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1