SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Normal-sized people, I envy thee
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Normal-sized people, I envy thee Login/Join 
Picture of Gong Show
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
https://www.vhhockey.com/

Have you tried here?

Yeah, so Graf Canada is totally out of business. They shut their doors in April of 2016. Someone posted their outstanding AP on a hockey forum - I think it was about $3 million with $2.4 million of that amount owed to Graf Europe. The remaining balance isn't a terrible amount of debt when you think about what it takes to run a company, but I suppose the European 'mothership' just wanted to cut their losses and be done with it. Sucks for us on the other side of the pond, though.

It's been a while since I've ordered skates (last time I ordered, I bought three pairs) but I heard Graf was having issues with quality control over the past few years. I get it - Graf was based in western Canada. I imagine it was hard to get a guy to come make skates when he could go out and earn oil field money. That being said, I never had issues with the quality. Things were itty bitty tanks.

I looked at VH last night but I'd rather stick with Graf if I can. I know Graf works well for me. I spend so much time in my skates from September to May that I'd rather stick with what I know. I'm also really fussy. If Graf Europe doesn't work I might consider giving VH a shot. But the only "reviews" are from people selling the skates, not really the general public. Still, I suppose VH would be better than the alternative.

First world problems, eh?

------
Weird is a side effect of awesome.

Posts: 70 | Location: The Armpit of the Frozen North, USA | Registered: January 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Shoes/boots present a real problem.
My feet have NO metatarsal arch, very flat, and are size 14B.
Usually wear military footwear.
Anyone know of a thin orthotic which would accommodate my pancake like feet?
The custom orthotics I have are too thick to comfortably fit in some shoes.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ah, your a girl. Now I get it and you're absolutely right. My wife is wee as well. Who the hell makes women's clothes?! I don't see a lot of anorexic 6 foot tall women around. Can't normal people (like yourself) have a choice on the clothes rack? I, by the way am 6 foot 0 but with 6'5" arms. If a shirt fits my arms, the tail goes way past the crotch. Very amusing at the urinal. good luck Gong Show

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1120 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Try finding boxers with enough room... nearly impossible.

Big Grin

(kidding)

Just tape it down.

A coworker, Korea era army, told about a guy in his unit that did just that. Bandaged it to his leg every morning. He said it was a full foot long, flaccid! Wonder if he wished he was *normal* sized!

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
As a 5' 6" 140# male, I understand the problem. Size 7.5 shoe (most mens start at 8). Most stores get about 2 size medium and 2 dozen XL shirts. I was actually thrilled when I got to a 30" waist so I could buy dress pants from the men's department.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
normal people kinda get on my nerves, most of them really do not realize just how good they have it.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54608 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post