SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    R L Carriers Damage Claim
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

R L Carriers Damage Claim Login/Join 
Picture of GTO
posted
We had a large shrink wrap machine shipped from California to Washington. My wife and I picked it up at the terminal in Fife Washington. Forklift loaded it in our truck. We checked the box for damage and saw none. We get the machine home and when removing the huge box from the pallet there was obvious damage to the topside of the box. Something had been dropped on the top of the box and penetrated the cardboard. They used packing tape to try to conceal the damage. Unless you are 7ft tall you wouldn't notice it. So after getting all the packaging plastic off the damage was cosmetic. Small dent in top cover. Easy fix, pull panel off, put new cover on.This machine was over 6k. R L says they're not going to cover the damage since we signed paperwork and left their facility. R L Carriers motto is "We Pick Up Your Shit, We Treat It Like Shit, We Dont Give A Shit"

Posts: 242 | Location: Gig Harbor WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I run a small business. I grabbed some equipment from an auction site and it was shipped via R&L. It arrived in packaging that was heavily damaged. I told the driver to stand by, he watched me open the carton and we looked at the damaged equipment.

I refused to accept delivery. I did not sign for it, but I did keep a copy of the delivery documents, noted that the shipment was offered to me in a damaged state, that I had refused delivery, and I had the driver sign this.

That was more than ten years ago. I am still waiting for reimbursement from R&L.

But wait, there's more! R&L is still trying to get me to pay shipping charges for that. They sent my account to a collection agency. I told them to pound sand, and if they wanted to discuss it further, they could come to my business in person. I have not heard from them since, and the "delinquency" has disappeared from my credit history.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GTO:
We had a large shrink wrap machine shipped from California to Washington. My wife and I picked it up at the terminal in Fife Washington. Forklift loaded it in our truck. We checked the box for damage and saw none. We get the machine home and when removing the huge box from the pallet there was obvious damage to the topside of the box. Something had been dropped on the top of the box and penetrated the cardboard. They used packing tape to try to conceal the damage. Unless you are 7ft tall you wouldn't notice it. So after getting all the packaging plastic off the damage was cosmetic. Small dent in top cover. Easy fix, pull panel off, put new cover on.This machine was over 6k. R L says they're not going to cover the damage since we signed paperwork and left their facility. R L Carriers motto is "We Pick Up Your Shit, We Treat It Like Shit, We Dont Give A Shit"

You forgot the rest of it. "So, go eat shit and die"

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GTO
posted Hide Post
After reading some reviews online we're lucky to have just minimal damage! YouTube had some R&L carrier carnage. Lesson learned here is "DO NOT USE R+L CARRIERS."

Posts: 242 | Location: Gig Harbor WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
I work for another LTL carrier and unfortunately most of them will deny a claim if the delivery receipt was signed clear but they typically give you a few days after delivery to file a claim even if it’s hidden damage. That said, you should still file a claim and push the issue. Also, who is paying the freight charges? If the shipper is and does a lot of business with them it may work better to have them file the claim (if they will)

Posts: 2338 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post