SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    My Yelp Review Of The Bagel King Bakery In Lake Mary, FL
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Yelp Review Of The Bagel King Bakery In Lake Mary, FL Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Didja try these guys?

Brooklyn Water Bagels

Posts: 16446 | Location: FL | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

Didja try these guys?

Brooklyn Water Bagels
I did. Notice, that at the end of my original post, I said "Just give me a refund, I'll go to the other bagel bakery down the street." Brooklyn Water is the other bagel bakery down the street.

They do not offer bialys, but they never claimed to, where the first place says they have them, but that's a lie.

So, the bialy issue aside, I was barely inside the door at Brooklyn Water, when I was greeted by the counter person. I asked for half dozen garlic bagels and she actually looked to see that they had them before ringing me up. So yeah, Brooklyn Water Bagels did kick Bagel King's ass. No complaints, except that I still can not find a fresh bialy.

I did find frozen ones at Publix, though. Not too bad.

Posts: 24068 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
how about you . . . STAY THE FUCK OUT OF MY THREADS?
OK, No Problem. Adios
What the actual fuck is wrong with this moron? Can he not grasp the meaning of "stay out of my thread?" Is he really so fucking dumb that he has to come back in? Does he not have the brains of an earthworm? Asshole.

Posts: 24068 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I told 3 other members that they were no longer welcome in my threads,
Three other members told me in so many words that I was nuts to think that I had any say at all as to who may or may not contribute .

So I just put them on the ignore list

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 51592 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
I did. Notice, that at the end of my original post, I said "Just give me a refund, I'll go to the other bagel bakery down the street."

That's good, I hear BWB is good, haven't been there as of yet....

Posts: 16446 | Location: FL | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Thank you mods for keeping the thread on track.
I have to try a Bialys.

Posts: 1721 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
. . .
And the emails have started rolling in.

Leave it alone!

When you went crying to the management like a whiny little girl, I honored the directive that I received -- from that time on, I did NOT post anything in any of your threads. And I certainly did not start sending you emails. I just dropped it, like an adult.

You need to do the same. Do NOT post in my threads. Do NOT send emails. Just go away.

Rectal orifice.

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGfourme:

I have to try a Bialys.
In Connecticut, you should be close enough to the NY metro sphere of influence, to be able to find fresh baked bialys. Look for a local mom and pop type bagel bakery.

A warm buttered bialy with morning coffee is really hard to beat!

Unable to find fresh ones here, so I did get a box of the frozen, as shown above. Will warm up a couple, tomorrow morning, for wife and me. Mmmmm.

Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Would love to try bialys, Ari.

We've been getting our bagels from Costco, of all places.

However, once toasted and with a reasonable application of cream cheese and then a substantial amount of smoked salmon, along with a goodly amount of very thinly shaved onion, my wife is very happy.

Thank you, my friend Smile

Frank

Dogs are gifts from God, full of love. Save a life, adopt!

…and God made dogs, and it was very good, and God said: “I’m gonna have to have all of these back.” Genesis 1, gospel according to Mr. Monkey ✡

NRA Benefactor Frown (Go away, Wayne!!! )

Now, GOA and MCRGO Life Member!

私のホバークラフトは鰻でいっぱいです!

Posts: 4343 | Location: too near debt-riot, mitch-e-gan | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
In looking up what a bialy is (because I'd never heard of it), I ran across this. https://kossars.com A link at the top of the page says they ship nationwide. ETA: I looked at that page. They'd better be damn good for $45 a dozen.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: egregore,

Posts: 24480 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:

$45 a dozen.
Eek

Publix carries the Ray's brand (see the photo above, on this page). A fresh bialy is preferred, of course, but Ray's are not terrible. They are frozen. You have to remember to defrost them first. Wink

About 1/4 the cost of the ones that you quoted.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I'ma gonna ride up to that bagel place, maybe this weekend, pick up some bialy, well maybe one or two, I've been informed that starting Monday I've decided to go on a diet....

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

I've been informed that starting Monday I've decided to go on a diet.
This obese guy was standing at a urinal in the men's room. A little guy at the next urinal glanced over, and said "You really should diet."

"Why?" asked the obese guy. "What color is it now?"

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Have you read my reviews yet? Big Grin

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 31921 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yelp reviews can be helpful but can be used against you as I found out in 2014.

Im glad you got some bagels V.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 2705 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:
Yelp reviews can be helpful but can be used against you as I found out in 2014.

Im glad you got some bagels V.

I'll bite. How did your Yelp reviews got used against you in 2014?

I wrote a review against a restaurant on my cross country drive. In short, I said the staff was very friendly and nice but the food they serve did not certainly taste like Mexican food like their name says.

The restaurant responded to my review. "We're glad you found the staff friendly but we are not a Mexican restaurant. We serve "New Mexican" food. It was in New Mexico. Ooops.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 16149 | Location: Bay Area, CA | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

Have you read my reviews yet? Big Grin
I did. Meant to tell you, but I got distracted by something shiny. Or a squirrel. Or maybe a shiny squirrel.

Yes, I read some of them, ran out of time. I did enjoy reading them; you do not pull your punches!

Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
I will have to search for a Bialys. They probably sell them in North Jersey, but that part of the state is a whole other world, hate going up north. We do have really good bagels and pizza here as well as Taylor Ham or Pork Roll (always an argument as to what it the correct name).

Living the Dream

Posts: 3680 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rtquig:
Taylor Ham or Pork Roll (always an argument as to what it the correct name).

I'll go first: Pork Roll Smile

“Fate whispers to the warrior, 'You can not withstand the storm.'
The warrior whispers back, 'I AM THE STORM."

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 5557 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
quote:
Originally posted by rtquig:
Taylor Ham or Pork Roll (always an argument as to what it the correct name).

I'll go first: Pork Roll Smile

I also say Pork Roll.
My argument is, When you order one you ask for pork roll, egg, and cheese on a hard roll. Not Taylor Ham, egg, and cheese.
More north Jersey call it Taylor Ham it seems.

Living the Dream

Posts: 3680 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post