SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    My Yelp Review Of The Bagel King Bakery In Lake Mary, FL
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Yelp Review Of The Bagel King Bakery In Lake Mary, FL Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
One star.
quote:
I was in the Lake Mary area and had a craving for a bialy, googled "bialys near me," and the Lake Mary Bagel King location popped up, so I stopped in.

The girl working the counter had her back to the customer area so that she could watch the TV. Waited for several minutes until she noticed that she had an actual paying customer. Strike one.

I asked for half dozen bialys to go and was informed that they do not stock bialys but I could place an order and return tomorrow to pick them up. Strike two.

OK, I'll take a half dozen garlic bagels to go. Girl rings me up, charges me for them, then looks at the stock and informs me that they don't have a half dozen -- would I like plain bagels or cinnamon bagels to make up the difference? This, after charging me for six garlic bagels. Strike three.

No, sweetheart, I asked for garlic bagels, not plain bagels, not cinnamon bagels. Just give me a refund, I'll go to the other bagel bakery down the street (five stars for that one!).

Posts: 24061 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The owners can't fix it if they don't know that it's broke.

It should not be the customers job to train employees .

But I end up doing it on a regular basis.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 51590 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the new generations is transfixed by video. When I entered the ER, a girl there at the incoming table (scan head and give visitor tag) never noticed I was standing in front of her.

Posts: 738 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
The owners can't fix it if they don't know that it's broke.

It should not be the customers job to train employees .

But I end up doing it on a regular basis.
This girl exhibited a level of incompetence and indifference that the owners would have to be totally brain dead if they did not already know about it.

One strike, maybe two strikes, might be an isolated instance. Three strikes show a definite pattern, so the owners probably already know, but don't give a damn.

Posts: 24061 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oldbill123:
I think the new generations is transfixed by video.

When did watching videos at work become common place and accepted? My coworkers all watch movies on their phones while "working".

I point out you get my hearing when I work for you. I'm actually listening incase you need me or someone rings the door bell- We work in a secure area.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 12761 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone going in to customer service needs to watch at least 5 ,thirty minute videos .
And pass a 15 question written test .

Posts: 51590 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anyone going in to customer service needs to watch at least 5 ,thirty minute videos .
And pass a 15 question written test .
Confused I have no idea what you are saying. No comprendo.

Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Expecting a good experience buying bagels or bialys in Florida was rather optimistic, you have to agree.

Posts: 6705 | Location: Maui, HI | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have no idea what you are saying. No comprendo

I am saying that if the owner operator refuses to train their employees, then they need to utilize instructional videos in customer service.

How to use the telephone
How to approach or address customer s

How to make change

How to dress
The correct responses to questions.

What information to offer, and what not to offer.

Simple decision making

Qualifying and quantifying inquiry

The problem I see daily is that many employers do
Not understand the cost of employee turn over

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

I am saying that if the owner operator refuses to train their employees, then they need to utilize instructional videos in customer service.
Ah, now I understand what you are saying.

I really believe that the owner of this establishment does not give a rip roaring shit about customer service. The store has a product that is not easy to find -- only one competitor in the local area, and with good fresh bagels they will sell all that they bake, even though some customers (like me) will go to the competitor instead.

Since they sell all of their product on a daily basis, the owner has no incentive to improve the level of customer service. No training for the counter / register girl is necessary, she is a disposable part, working(?) for minimum wage, and easily replaceable.

Your model, training for good service, certainly applies to other businesses, but not to this one. Unfortunately.

posted Hide Post
The problem is not that. The real problem is, none of the workers that are going to work a near minimum wage job care. They simply don't care about doing a good job, they simply don't have a good work ethic. It's super rare to find a high school or college kid that wants to do a good job and work in Florida and is reliable. So what does an employer settle for.....someone that shows up when they're supposed to and doesn't steal. The only caveat to that is Chick-Fil-A must search the entire 20 mile area around them and poach all of the good ones and hire them! LOL

Posts: 20582 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
The never ending education of Sig Forum--whay is a Bialys.

A traditional bialy has a diameter of up to 15 centimetres (5.9 in) and is a chewy yeast roll similar to a bagel. Unlike a bagel, which is boiled before baking, a bialy is simply baked, and instead of a hole in the middle it has a depression. Before baking, this depression is filled with diced onions and other ingredients, possibly including garlic, poppy seeds, or bread crumbs.[2]

Posts: 1721 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGfourme:

The never ending education of Sig Forum--whay is a Bialys [sic].
The best way I can describe a bialy is, taste similar to an onion bagel, texture more like an English muffin than a bagel.

Every decent little mom and pop bagel bakery in the NYC tri-state area offered bialys. Tony Soprano occasionally had one with his morning coffee, with the crew at the Bing.

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:

The problem is not that.
No, the real problem is that I have been admonished by the management here after you cried to them, and I was told to stay out of your threads.

So how about you do the same, and STAY THE FUCK OUT OF MY THREADS?

Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

The problem is not that.
No, the real problem is that I have been admonished by the management here after you cried to them, and I was told to stay out of your threads.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 15586 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
You need to read some of MY one star reviews.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 31921 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

I imagine that they might be creative. I would like to see some.

Can you post a link here, or send to the email address in my profile?

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

I imagine that they might be creative. I would like to see some.

Can you post a link here, or send to the email address in my profile?

Enjoy. Big Grin

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 31921 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

The problem is not that.

OK, No Problem. Adios

Posts: 20582 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Round House