SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Opinions on an issue
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Opinions on an issue Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
quote:
the sign is in the subway

What's a subway?

I'd ask politely if they could have their guest park in their driveway or in front of their house while you are trying to sell yours.

I’m guessing there are a couple of autocorrect booboos in his post.

A subway is the space between the curb and the sidewalk. It is an area in which you are responsible, however have less rights. For example, you can put house for sale signs in this area, however are not allowed to plant trees. Trees can grow in this area, albeit only those allowed by the city.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a neighbor that send me a nasty letter stating where I parked in my driveway blocked their for sale sign and that I was the reason they couldn't sell. It must have never occurred to them to move their sign. My point being you know there are parking issues and potential buyers can't even park in your driveway then you have get in your cars and go when there is a showing. You can't control their driveway but you can control yours.

Posts: 1067 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
I would speak to them and if it doesn't stop right away report them. I'll be damned if someone I am never going to see again is going to cost me time or money on a sale. Do you have an HOA?

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 280nosler:
quote:
quote:
quote:

What's a subway?

I'd ask politely if they could have their guest park in their driveway or in front of their house while you are trying to sell yours.

A subway is the space between the curb and the sidewalk. It is an area in which you are responsible, however have less rights. For example, you can put house for sale signs in this area, however are not allowed to plant trees. Trees can grow in this area, albeit only those allowed by the city.

I've never heard it called that. I've heard "parking", "boulevard", and "right of way." Interesting.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

What's a subway?

I've never heard it called that. I've heard "parking", "boulevard", and "right of way." Interesting.
I always called it "the devil's strip," because you don't own it, but are required to maintain it.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nshumway:
I had a neighbor that send me a nasty letter stating where I parked in my driveway blocked their for sale sign and that I was the reason they couldn't sell. It must have never occurred to them to move their sign. My point being you know there are parking issues and potential buyers can't even park in your driveway then you have get in your cars and go when there is a showing. You can't control their driveway but you can control yours.

With a 70' wide lot, ,and requirement that the sign be placed "in front the the house", and two trees, a mail box, a side walk, and a driveway, it leaves me about a 15' space to place the sign.

I did speak to the HOA, and was given the green light to have any car towed that parks on the grass in front of my house, and sent the neighbor a letter suggesting their visitors park in their driveway or in front of their house.

As for parking my own car in front of my house until their is a showing - while a good idea, I do work, and often travel, meaning from the time I am notified their is a showing, until the time somebody shows up could be less than 30 minutes. Not really an option.

Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

What's a subway?

Learning something every day on the Forum. Interestingly, the Merriam-Webster, Cambridge and Oxford Dictionaries on line don’t give that definition for “subway”. Wikipedia suggests it as a regional term used in Nuevo York.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess it was all a moot point - I got two offers and accepted a full bid on the house on Monday.

Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Good!

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post