SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    What the...why...uh...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What the...why...uh... Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
I'm fixing some shingling over the mini-dormer on the side entrance to the house. I have staging set up in front of the door so I can get to it.

Sis-in-Law stops on her usual after-work drop off the paper and pick up her mail run.

There is a back door about 15 feet away.

Does she walk around to the back door and go in?

Nope. She climbs through the cross braces and under the staging to use the side door.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
People are creatures of habit.

At work a few years ago we ran a big fire drill. Employees were bunched up at the turnstiles waiting their turn to get out of the building instead of busting out the nearest emergency exit!

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Many years ago I was a DOD Cop at Wright-Patterson AFB. There were multiple gates to gain access to the base and from time, a gate would need to be closed for some reason. Invariably, I would check on the gate and find several cars parked outside the closed gate.
When I asked why they were waiting at a closed gate, the response was "this is the only way I know to get to work". I would then direct them to the nearest open gate and tell them to embrace the adventure of a new and exciting route to work.
If I had not checked on them, I believe they would have waited at the gate for days!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
People are creatures of habit.

At work a few years ago we ran a big fire drill. Employees were bunched up at the turnstiles waiting their turn to get out of the building instead of busting out the nearest emergency exit!

We had a fire drill a few years ago. Myself and another safety committee member were manning the "fire". A cart with a picture of a fire on it. Engineer walked right through, so he was reported as a casualty.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Many years ago, early 70's to be exact, I was a watchstander in a remote building on the Navy base I was stationed at.

Randomly, usually on an eve watch or midwatch, the Chief of the Watch would stage a fire drill. As a designated responder, my job was to don an OBA, grab a 50# CO2 extinguisher and go find the fire.

The "fire" was a red stick with the word fire painted on it in white. It was usually either in a trash can or sticking out of an equipment bay.

Being an inveterate wiseass, I spent some time devising a way to have a little fun with the fire drill. Next time the Chief pulled an oh-dark-thirty fire drill I did my thing, found the "fire" and very neatly placed next to it a white stick with red letters saying "water".

Oddly, the Chief didn't think that was nearly as funny as the rest of us did...

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
You should not have used a water stick for a class C fire stick.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
Or, a class B.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
That must've been it.