SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Local Costco Discontinues Cherries
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Local Costco Discontinues Cherries Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
Kirkland Signature dried Montmorency cherries.

Discontinued, in the Altamonte Springs FL Costco location.

No plans to bring them back. Mad Mad Mad

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30547 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
I still can't believe Costco discontinued their polish dogs.

Posts: 2675 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jelly:

I have never seen polish dogs at my Costco. Italian sausage sandwich they have.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rtquig:
quote:
Originally posted by Jelly:
I have never seen polish dogs at my Costco. Italian sausage sandwich they have.
For many, many, years, our local Costco had a choice of all beef hot dog or Polish sausage, either one with a soft drink, for $1.50.

Then, maybe three years ago, the Polish sausage disappeared. The 1/4 pound all beef hot dog remains, with soft drink, at $1.50.

Italian sausage with pepper and onion was introduced, but at $2.69, not $1.50, and soft drink is not included.
My rant in this thread is discontinuing the Montmorence dried cherries. Hot dogs and sausages have been discussed ad nauseum in other previous threads and have nothing to do with the topic of this one.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30547 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Costco is weird
in an attempt to control quality , it's not uncommon for them to cut a deal with the farmers
prior to planting,
the farmers agree to only sell to costco
and when all is said and done, the produce is usually better than a lot of other places.

BUT

sometimes that bites them in the ass.

Imagine paying for stuff that has not even been planted yet, well in advance .

then when it finally gets in to the store, it could sell like crazy , or it could just sit there and do nothing.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54504 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
Today when we were in Costco, my wife walked down an aisle. She came back empty handed and I asked what was she looking for? Chick Pea chips. Said when she goes to Georgia, they have them at the Costco there.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try Amazon. They have an odd variety of Costco (Kirkland) foodstuffs. I got two boxes of Kirkland nut bars from them today.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Try Amazon. They have an odd variety of Costco (Kirkland) foodstuffs. I got two boxes of Kirkland nut bars from them today.
Interesting. Amazon does have them, but at twice the price that Costco charged.

Kirkland Signature Dried Cherries

I never thought of looking at Amazon for a Costco brand product. I also just checked ebay. They have them too, but similar price gouging.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
Are these the same? Not Kirkland brand.

https://www.costco.com/Cherry-...oduct.100407876.html

Edit: looks like the same price as Amazon

Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Today when we were in Costco, my wife walked down an aisle. She came back empty handed and I asked what was she looking for? Chick Pea chips. Said when she goes to Georgia, they have them at the Costco there.

I'll trade you chick peas for the Kirkland Canadian Whiskey!

Not sure if Costco in your area sells liquor. They do not in GA. But when I go to FL or IL to visit in-laws I always bring a couple bottles back.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pale Horse,
At least one Costco sells liquor in Ga. I think it is the one on Peachtree Dunwoody, close to I-285 & Ga 400

Posts: 1190 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Costco in Milton at Windward and Jordan Ct sells liquor.

Posts: 1053 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

Isn't that because the season's crop got used up?

My wife and I learned something; if you see something in Costco that you're considering buying, might as well get it or else it will be gone by the time you decide you want it.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19588 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
quote:

My wife and I learned something; if you see something in Costco that you're considering buying, might as well get it or else it will be gone by the time you decide you want it.

This, Costco used to have an awesome nut blend from Sahale snacks that I loved and bought bags of it, then it disappeared. Then I found they had a dried tropical fruit and nut blend and bought bags of that, now that has disappeared.....it ticks me off because by the time I find something I like, I buy extra the next time in the store, then a few months later it's gone and you never see it again.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
quote:

This, Costco used to have an awesome nut blend from Sahale snacks that I loved and bought bags of it, then it disappeared. Then I found they had a dried tropical fruit and nut blend and bought bags of that, now that has disappeared.....it ticks me off because by the time I find something I like, I buy extra the next time in the store, then a few months later it's gone and you never see it again.

To all who want a product returned, a coworker of mine said he wanted a particular brand of beer so he put in a suggestion and his costco started carrying them. I have no reason not to believe also.

Also, store managers have a lot of leeway as to what products they carry. I am within driving distances to three Coscto, the one in the most expensive neighborhood carry more expensive wine selections and broader, etc.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19588 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig operator:
Pale Horse,
At least one Costco sells liquor in Ga. I think it is the one on Peachtree Dunwoody, close to I-285 & Ga 400

Thanks for the info!

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I dropped my Costco membership years ago, because we just were not buying enough to offset the rising cost of membership. Now I get Kirkland brand stuff from Amazon. The sellers are basically Costco "shoppers and resellers". Yes, the price is a bit higher than at Costco. You are paying them to shop for you. But the price on most products via Amazon is still much cheaper than competing store brands.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:

I dropped my Costco membership years ago, because we just were not buying enough to offset the rising cost of membership. Now I get Kirkland brand stuff from Amazon. The sellers are basically Costco "shoppers and resellers". Yes, the price is a bit higher than at Costco. You are paying them to shop for you. But the price on most products via Amazon is still much cheaper than competing store brands.

There's a Costco location just a few minutes from my house. I maintain our membership for a few reasons. Gas prices there are always the lowest in the area. They have some products (Kirkland Signature brand) that are not available anywhere else. Customer service, warranties, etc. are the best of any walk-in store that I have found.

Our family membership is $60.00 / year. Cost savings on some purchases have more than repaid that. Hearing aids, eyeglasses, etc. are great quality and the price can't be beat. We get way more than our money's worth.

If the store location were not as convenient as it is, it might be a very different story.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

posted Hide Post
something that really pisses me of ; Is their new move everything four isle's away mandate.

some shit for brains told the top 12 people in the company that
people will buy more if you make them walk around for an extra 30 minutes,
so they stared relocating the product.

BULL SHIT

if its not where its been , I just circle it on the list and head for the check out,

if they want to sell it too me they will run and get it for me , ! ! !

and they do , they skidaddle .

of course now they are pissing the four people behind me off , HA! Razz

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54504 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
quote:

I'll trade you chick peas for the Kirkland Canadian Whiskey!

Not sure if Costco in your area sells liquor. They do not in GA. But when I go to FL or IL to visit in-laws I always bring a couple bottles back.

In my area they don't sell liquor, but my son lives about 80 miles north of me in the same state and they do sell liquor. Liquor sales here go by population. X number of people decide how many liquor licenses in each town. The license is expensive, I have seen them sold for $350,000.

Living the Dream