SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Lifelong friend, Marine vet on the ropes. Prayers/anything appreciated
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lifelong friend, Marine vet on the ropes. Prayers/anything appreciated Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted
I’ve known the guy since 3rd grade. He pulled some intense trigger duty in OIF and after. Came home to find out his wife was shacking up with another dude. In the course of trying to talk to her the boyfriend put several rounds in my friend’s chest. That was years ago and it resulted in him being paralyzed from the chest down. He’s in a veterans facility in VA Beach. He’s now developed a raging UTI and it’s gone septic. The guy is tough as they get but I’m worried about him this time.

Thanks

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Prayers for your friend that he gets through this...it seems like he has been through enough Frown

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Yikes Leemur. Prayers said and sent.

Posts: 3698 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers out.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
Prayer sent.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

Posts: 1673 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
In my thoughts and prayers.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just An Old Guy
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent.

What can one man do? You never know until you try.

Posts: 1975 | Location: VA | Registered: November 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Leemur,

Prayers offered.

As an aside, would hope that asshat boyfriend is either rotting in jail or pushing up daisies. Frown

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about your buddy. I'll send prayers your way.

Posts: 132 | Location: PA | Registered: December 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Leemur,

Prayers offered.

As an aside, would hope that asshat boyfriend is either rotting in jail or pushing up daisies. Frown

Nope. My friend was unarmed and simply asking to talk to his wife. Prick shot him and got away with claiming self defense.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
In my prayers

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Jesus.

Prayer sent.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent.

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
He’s not out of the woods yet but latest report is that he’s improving.

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
He’s out of ICU and we’ll enough to thank everyone for their efforts. Thanks guys.

posted Hide Post
Heres hoping he continues to get better.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquabird:
Heres hoping he continues to get better.

Amen!

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a bigger boat
Picture of CaptainMike
posted Hide Post
I don't know if he'd like to have some random unknown squid drop in on him, but I'm living in VA Beach and though I have a hectic schedule I could get by to visit him early next week. I could take books or movies or whatever he might appreciate and can have in the facility.

MOO means NO! Be the comet!

Posts: 2769 | Location: The Tidewater. VCOA. | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Thoughts and prayers on the way. Hope he continues to recover.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post