SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Laundry - How is it possible for three people
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Laundry - How is it possible for three people Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
To generate enough laundry to require 1 or 2 BIG washer loads every 3-4 days?

We're not clothes-horses, we don't have day jobs, we rarely ever go anywhere. It ain't like we're changing clothes twice a day or anything.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I have two teenage girls. Do not speak to me of laundry.

Posts: 6289 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hudr:

Or hot water. I raised a pair of them myself. Big Grin

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
load of shirts (10-12)
load of jeans (4-5 )
"delicates" (30)
socks (25-30)
2 loads towels (9)
3 loads , 15 pillow cases Bedding 8 sheets
every month

is nine loads a month a lot ?

oh and Bonnie does 7 loads a month as well

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I suppose it's possible with 2 people. Clothes add up quickly even just changing once a day.
I'm by myself and I do 3 loads a week.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
I can wash my clothes in 2 loads,
maybe 3 if I do the towels,

one for shirts and pants,
one for socks, underwear, tshirts,

the wife, who believes if you do not run the washer and or dryer daily, it may break, washes in clothes in 14,658 loads,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
When I was living alone I did two loads a week. A load of towels with jeans and a load of everything else.

My daughter (age 17) moved in and washes two or three things at a time and kills the hot water during showers.

And now my forks are going missing.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One load a week for me.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I have enough t-shirts, underwear, and sox to last 2 weeks, changing them daily. Every other Sunday, I make a reservation for the laundry machines. Smile My wife does laundry like lyman's wife.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
One load a week for me.

Same.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Every 14 days or so. I have 15 pair of underwear, and about that number of socks.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12746 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
My wife farms, I fix appliances. Lots of dirty work clothes. That and with me going back to the county commission, I have multiple meetings the first few weeks of the month that require my coming home and changing into slacks and a nice shirt. That will increase after the first of the year when I will have multiple committees to attend as well as two commission meetings a month.
Add in my EMS work uniforms and my jujitsu gis and it adds up to two days a week of washing and folding here for two 60+ year olds

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I generally do 1 load a week. Sometimes I stretch it to 1 load every 2 weeks, but I have my specific pants I prefer to wear for work. Once every so often I will do "the dog's laundry" in which I will end up doing 2 loads in one week.

Posts: 537 | Registered: March 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I sweats freely, and work outside in a very dusty environment. I do a load of wash in our pathetic little half pint front load washer every night. The clothes I wore that day, and the towel I used after my shower that night. Two days clothing and towel overload the dinky washer.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
Besides the quantity of clothing, I think it's also about the type, fabric thickness, and size. I usually do a load of my laundry every 2-3 weeks, but my husband does his at least once a week.

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
4 Laundry classes here:

Sheets/Bed Linens mostly because all the linens get changed on Monday and that's a good-sized load by itself.

Towels (no softener) - warm wash, cold rinse.

Jeans/Heavily soiled work clothes. Hot/Warm

Everything else. Hot/Warm

And if the jeans aren't too bad, they go in with everything else.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:
Originally posted by hudr:

Or hot water. I raised a pair of them myself. Big Grin

Can we talk clogged drains too? Two girls here also, grown now.

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1116 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
my end of life house ( after the lottery )
will have two washers and two dryers.

these stupid "kinder , gentler low water and electric " machines
and their 90 minute wash cycles are killing me

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D4Heavy
posted Hide Post
7 teenagers, one in college and the wife and I. 4 loads of laundry a day..

I envy all of you!

Posts: 396 | Location: Alabama | Registered: December 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me 1 every 2 weeks, my 19 year old daughter every 3 days ???????

Posts: 119 | Location: Ashland Ohio | Registered: December 30, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post