SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Laundry - How is it possible for three people
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Laundry - How is it possible for three people Login/Join 
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
Damn. My wife and I jam all our clothes into the washer at the end of the week. I don’t separate anything. It cuts down on wash loads a lot! Been doing it this way for 30 years.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just my wife and me (we have a dog, but she's a nudist) so we have two towels, at least one washcloth, two women's unmentionables, one men's undies, two pants, shorts or jeans, two shirts, and no socks every day. Then two pants and shirts or blouses for Church once or twice a week (we change into shorts afterwards), and sheets and pillow cases once a week. Then there's the extra towels we use for something, pool, dog bathing or.... Then there's the exercise clothes, mostly hers, but sometimes mine, too.

We wash a load every day, sometimes more (we separate the towel from the other stuff). If I drop part of my lunch on my shirt, then even more.

Bob

Posts: 1558 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigseller2000
posted Hide Post
3 daughters all home now, 2 of which are athletes practicing twice a day in the cleanest sport, swimming! We have 2 washers and 2 dryers. I don't think I have ever walked in the house when a machine was not running. ever.

Posts: 782 | Location: Chicago area | Registered: November 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I think my wife pretty much does about 5 loads a week. Everything is separated by color then regular vs gentle. She’s really good about starting the dryer right before she leaves for work, so we can take advantage of the solar power for drying.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Clothes add up quickly even just changing once a day.
Well, there's your problem! Big Grin

Posts: 9001 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I typically do around 7 loads of laundry a month. So that's like 1.75 loads per week.

I do three loads every other week, with one for lighter duty shirts/underwear/socks, one for heavier duty pants/jeans/sweats, and one for towels.

And every month or so, I do another load with a few sets of sheets.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dkjbama
posted Hide Post
Fiance, two boys, 11 and 18, and myself. I gave up counting. I just stand outside and stare at the electric meter cussing under my breath as the dryer spins that thing like a top.

Posts: 775 | Location: NW Alabama | Registered: January 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Buy a bigger washer = less loads Big Grin

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4117 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds exactly like our garbage situation, I know people are sneaking in to leave theirs.

Posts: 55 | Registered: April 30, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
When I was commuting, I was doing about 1 load every 8 or 9 days, since I've been working from home, it's about once every 14 or 15 days; and no I don't separate colors Wink

Linens/towels are once a month.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post