SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Walgreens sucks
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walgreens sucks Login/Join 
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted
The rotten bastards seem to have closed all their north San Antonio stores completely for the past several days. Even those in areas where there’s been uninterrupted power and water. Our roads have been passable for a couple of days and are dry this morning. Sure, I realize it’s 19°, but put on your clothes and go to work. I’m going to run out of my wife’s prescription and can’t even get it transferred to the nearby CVS, where people give a shit about their customers, because nobody is at Walgreens pharmacy to answer the phone.

It appears that Covid has destroyed the work ethic for a lot of people in this country.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
quote:
It appears that Covid has destroyed the work ethic for a lot of people in this country.

People are taking advantage of the situations at hand. Its sad. People can suck sometimes.

Posts: 952 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Call their 800 number (1–800–WALGREENS).

I worked for Wags at their headquarters for several years. Unless things have changed since I left, a complaint from a customer will light a fire under someone's ass in a hurry.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6371 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
This issue isn’t related to the nature of the medication, which she takes to prevent brain swelling after surgery.

And I’ve had several prescriptions transferred from one pharmacy to another by contacting the pharmacy.

It’s related to shitty customer service. Walgreens stores were closed because it was cold.

And CoolRich-thanks for the info.

ETA:

Got through to someone who got to the bottom of the problem. Walgreens is open. They just didn’t bother to change their automated phone answering system to reflect that fact.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:

Got through to someone who got to the bottom of the problem. Walgreens is open. They just didn’t bother to change their automated phone answering system to reflect that fact.

Glad to hear this. Best wishes to your wife.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6371 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Walgreens likes to work their employees like dogs . Granddaughter started as a photo counter clerk / shelf stocker / front register. Then they offered to pay in full for the pharmacy tech training which after completion gives state certification. In her group of about 35 students she was the ONLY one who passed the test on the 1st try. Now I believe this is still offered but students must pay out of pocket and it is not cheap. Then later they were going to make her go on the road as a floating/traveling tech or be fired so she said I quit on the spot. This happened shortly after Walgreens bought out Rite-Aide stores. Less than 48hrs later she was hired by a local mom and pop pharmacy located less than 100 yards distance apart. ....................... drill sgt.

Posts: 1952 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Snackologist
Picture of BigJoe
posted Hide Post
I had a recent experience with Walgreens and was treated extremely well. At one point had 3 employees helping me out. I have to go back in a couple of weeks. I hope the first experience is like the first.

...You, higher mammal. Can you read?
....There's nothing sexier than a well worn, functional Sig!

Posts: 14005 | Location: WV | Registered: January 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When the local Yoop Walgreens opened, it was a community event! Roll Eyes
Where I used to live, there was a CVS or Walgreens on every corner.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigJoe:
I had a recent experience with Walgreens and was treated extremely well. At one point had 3 employees helping me out. I have to go back in a couple of weeks. I hope the first experience is like the first.

There are 2 Walgreens that I visit on a regular basis. The first is the one we've been visiting since I was a kid. I have a fairly good repertoire going with the pharmacists and most of the techs. They're good people, working hard. They're awesome.

The other one...They're morons. One of 2 24 hour locations in the area, and they can't be bothered to pull their heads out of their asses. They've missed drug allergies (that I, admittedly, didn't catch either until I read the pamphlets), and can't be bothered to do something as simple as honor my request for the prescription of small pills to get put in a small bottle. I've sat there many times (sometimes for an hour or longer), waiting for them to notify me it's ready, then when I finally get up and ask for an update they're like "yeah, it's been ready for 45 minutes." Mad They also had a tendency to fill the wrong prescription (I had a dosage change and they kept filling the lower dose despite me repeatedly reminding them).

I complained once to the former crew about the latter and they told me, "Yeah, they're idiots over there. They're always making dumb mistakes like that."

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3349 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sure, I realize it’s 19°, but put on your clothes and go to work.
It has been about that here (lows) for several days. Weather never stops me from going to work. I might be a little late, or sometimes go home early to beat the snow (we get that here sometimes), but it never stops me.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of taco68
posted Hide Post
19F degrees out, pansies! Went to work two weeks ago when it was -38F in the morning, and came come after shift when it was -11F. Yes, we live here where it can get cold, but -38 is not normal for this time of year. Hell, it was -42 two weekends ago, we went ice fishing, lol!

Sigs P-220, P-226 9mm, & P-230SL (CCW)

Posts: 2539 | Location: Icebox of the Nation | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
The rotten bastards seem to have closed all their north San Antonio stores completely for the past several days. Even those in areas where there’s been uninterrupted power and water. Our roads have been passable for a couple of days and are dry this morning. Sure, I realize it’s 19°, but put on your clothes and go to work. I’m going to run out of my wife’s prescription and can’t even get it transferred to the nearby CVS, where people give a shit about their customers, because nobody is at Walgreens pharmacy to answer the phone.

May I suggest that you contact your wife's doctor and have him/her send a prescription to the CVS?

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:

May I suggest that you contact your wife's doctor and have him/her send a prescription to the CVS?
When my doc's admin person asks where I want the prescription sent, I just tell her not to send it to any pharmacy, just give me an old-fashioned paper copy and I'll take it to the pharmacy of my choice. Might be CostCo for some meds, Publix pharmacy for others, etc., depending on the med, the cost at that pharmacy, and my route of travel that the next few days.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
I think the melon farmers are quitting and waiting around for their $15 / hr min wage jobs....

All I gotta say is DONT HOLD YOUR BREATH!!

quote:

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
. I’m going to run out of my wife’s prescription and can’t even get it transferred to the nearby CVS, where people give a shit about their customers, because nobody is at Walgreens pharmacy to answer the phone.

https://www.pharmacy.texas.gov/

Contact the State Department over Pharmacy, file a complaint, regardless of the weather there should be an emergency backup plan for them to handle peoples prescriptions....

Posts: 23240 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm not sure it existed in the first place. Perhaps it was just looking for a way to get around work without being fired all these years.

Mrs. Flash talked to her old supervisor and it turns out that in that particular County Department the people there are only working 1 or 2 days a week and getting paid for 5. They're allowed to do this because "they're afraid they'll get Covid and die."

Right.........

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
I work for a municipality and several years ago Walgreens was removed from our insurance plan because of high prices. Only vendor I'm aware of that has been.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1900 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I quit using them over 10 years ago. Too many times doc phoned in prescription and it was not in stock. Common drugs, not specialty stuff. Happened to wife as well. It would take 24-48 hours to get it. This situation developed over about 6 months.

My opinion is that some asshat executive became enamored with JIT (just in time) order delivery processes. It became trendy about that time and became popular among the business elite crowd.

It’s value lies in enabling a company to downsize its warehousing and storage costs. If done correctly, it works OK.

It’s highly dependent on the reliability of carriers. Any breakdown in transit can cause shortages. Monitoring stock levels is essential.

Using such a system when in the business of providing life saving drugs is irresponsible.

Maintaining sufficient stock of critical drugs would seem of primary importance. Not for Walgreens.

Posts: 1605 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post