SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Soap dishes that don't hold the soap!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Soap dishes that don't hold the soap! Login/Join 
posted
All my life I have put up with dodging falling soap. Why can't soap dishes be designed to hold the soap? The nice ceramic dishes that are in the built in showers eject the soap with a force to bruise the toes. OK, so I buy the suction cup soap dishes that hold the soap, & the Chinese make the suction cups that don't hold, & now instead of a bruise I have a cut. Friggen soap dishes are a Communist plot!

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4263 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I chucked the suction cups and mounted my plastic soap dish with 3M foam mounting squares. Then I put a plastic mesh pot scrubber in it so the soap could drain and dry out. Works fine.

Posts: 26892 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anush:
All my life I have put up with dodging falling soap.

Maybe shower alone? Big Grin

Though I do like arfmel’s pot scrubber idea.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We converted to liquid soap years ago, sink and shower. The only time I see a bar of soap is at a hotel.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Soap on a Rope? Smile

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I like the plastic pot scrubber idea.

quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
We converted to liquid soap years ago, sink and shower. The only time I see a bar of soap is at a hotel.

Question: I've been using liquid soap for a while now. I started to ask myself, why don't I go back to using a bar of soap. So why did "we" switch to using liquid shower soap in the first place? I forgot.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19645 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
...and people laughed when I wore combat boots in the shower...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43865 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:

...So why did "we" switch to using liquid shower soap in the first place? I forgot.

Maybe you got tired of that squishy paste that formed in your soap dish. Smile

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post