SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Maybe I'm done with all pro-sports after all.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Maybe I'm done with all pro-sports after all. Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Da fuq's a "future clock?

Slight typo on my end. Supposed to read “future Pitch Clock”.

I absolutely hate this.

https://www.usatoday.com/story...lock-2018/470553001/

The players know it.

Major League Basebll Players Association executive director Tony Clark knows it.

And, yes, Commissioner Rob Manfred, the one with the power to deliver the executive order, certainly knows it.

Major League Baseball will be implementing a pitch clock next season. Perhaps limit visits to the mound, too. One day, hopefully a long time in the future, even start extra innings with runners on base.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12304 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Da fuq's a "future clock?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
LOL!!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12304 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try Rugby sevens.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby_sevens

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
The only sport I ever watched regularly was celebrity death match.

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Just about every professional sports is rigged today. Everybody goes to a back room and figures out who gets to win the championship for the most dollars for everybody. NBA, NFL, every sports.

Except on. I'm still thankful that the WWE professional wrestling still plays everything above board.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19582 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Except on. I'm still thankful that the WWE professional wrestling still plays everything above board.

Big Grin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Cricket, anyone? Big Grin

Posts: 9001 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:

Hockey is the reason why Canada can be a whole nation of super-polite people, seemingling all the time.

They bottle all their aggression, frustration, and general human failing and then let it all out in the rink.

It's "The Purge" on-ice.

That made me laugh. Probably because it's true.

Posts: 200 | Registered: January 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted Hide Post
How about an action packed Curling tournament!

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3811 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nascar... One of the oldest sports in history. Have you seen Ben Hur? Smile

Posts: 512 | Location: Pearland, Tx | Registered: June 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Hockey is just soccer on ice. But they allow fistfights, to give viewers another reason to wake up briefly.

Hockey is the reason why Canada can be a whole nation of super-polite people, seemingling all the time.

They bottle all their aggression, frustration, and general human failing and then let it all out in the rink.

It's "The Purge" on-ice.
When I lived in Canada I googled "Hockey riots Canada." It'll change your opinion of politeness and leaving it all out on the rink.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Baseball has replay and now a future clock.

1. How is replay bad?

2. WTF is a future clock?

Posts: 10199 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
1. How is replay bad?

I don't hate replay for the idea of what it is. I hate replay for how much it slows down the pace of the game.

Football is out of control, it can take a full commercial break and they still have not made a decision.

Baseball is almost as bad, and the managers have way too much time to challenge a play.

The tradition (especially from baseball) is going away and we are almost to the point of not needing refs/umps at all. It's just not fun to watch anymore.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
1. How is replay bad?

I don't hate replay for the idea of what it is. I hate replay for how much it slows down the pace of the game.

Football is out of control, it can take a full commercial break and they still have not made a decision.

Baseball is almost as bad, and the managers have way too much time to challenge a play.

The tradition (especially from baseball) is going away and we are almost to the point of not needing refs/umps at all. It's just not fun to watch anymore.

I think that the NFL went too far when they decided to review every TD. Coaches have their challenges and that should be all replays that should happen. Maybe give the officiating crew one as well just in case they have a debate.

I am all about getting it right but they rules should be tweaked to help the humans get the calls right instead of just adding more replay.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
Just about every professional sports is rigged today. Everybody goes to a back room and figures out who gets to win the championship for the most dollars for everybody. NBA, NFL, every sports.

Not sure if you are joking or not. Do you really think that the champions of every major sport are predetermined?

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:

Except one. I'm still thankful that the WWE professional wrestling still plays everything above board.

Not sure if you are joking or not. Do you really think that the champions of every major sport are predetermined?

I take it you don't know much about WWE Professional Wrestling? Smile

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19582 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I knew you were joking about the WWE. I just wasn’t sure if you were about the other sports. You wouldn’t be the first person on this forum to make that statement and truly believe it. I remembered the last guy to really think it was from California and couldn’t remember if it was you or not.