SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Maybe I'm done with all pro-sports after all.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Maybe I'm done with all pro-sports after all. Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
Football has gone to shit.

Baseball has replay and now a future clock.

Soccer's not even a real sport. LOL

Today I'm flipping channels and see some cowboys doing that bull-riding thing. Cool, I've never watched more than about 10 seconds of bull riding in my life, I'll check it out.

The first rider needs 8 seconds to break some record. He's doing it! But the clock on the TV screen stops at 6 seconds?

Announcer says a judge stopped the clock because he felt he saw Cody "touch". (with his other hand?)

Cody is furious and "challenges". Instant replay comes into effect and the ruling is overturned. Cody gets his record.

Challenges and replay in bull riding? I think I'm done.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12303 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Soccer is a real sport. A real boring sport.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18017 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
That's why the fútbol announcers all have to scream like that when there's a goal... It wakes the viewers up, so they can see that the score changed, before they doze off again.

Posts: 32414 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Soccer is a real sport. A real boring sport.

Uhhh...

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8307 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
If I want to watch that soap opera bullshit, I'll turn on Days of Our Lives.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18017 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hockey my friend, hockey. Yes they have video reviews, but the refs and linesmen do a pretty decent job of making the right calls. Considering how fast paced the game is.

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Hockey is just soccer on ice. But they allow fistfights, to give viewers another reason to wake up briefly.

Posts: 32414 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
Hockey my friend, hockey. Yes they have video reviews, but the refs and linesmen do a pretty decent job of making the right calls. Considering how fast paced the game is.

I do enjoy hockey!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12303 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Hockey should never be considered boring. I wish I'd discovered it earlier in life.

posted Hide Post
Of all the Pro Sports, nothing is more numbingly boring than..... Golf.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15998 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Have you checked out women’s pro-beach volleyball?

I’m hooked.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gasche
posted Hide Post
I’ll second Women’s Pro beach volleyball and throw in Women’s cycle cross.

Posts: 748 | Location: Western Washington AC | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
I fucking hate sperts.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Yet you have an open super bowl thread in the lounge....

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
Yet you have an open super bowl thread in the lounge....

Why do you care?

Seriously, what does it matter to you?

Do you get some sort of perverse self satisfaction by pointing out that I had a sports rant in one thread and then started a thread about the biggest game in sports?

Jesus dude. Go away, stay out of my threads and put me on “ignore”.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Hockey is just soccer on ice.

Come on now, I hope you don't really believe that to be true!

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Of all the Pro Sports, nothing is more numbingly boring than..... Golf.

Bowling is probably equally boring.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I prefer to engage in sports rather than spectate.

I'm a distance runner. Watching running is boring, but running can be inspirational, rejuvenating, and let's not forget: healthy.

There are two similar sayings I have about running: Without my sport, your sport is boring.

And, my sport is your sport's punishment! Smile

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Hockey is just soccer on ice. But they allow fistfights, to give viewers another reason to wake up briefly.

Hockey is the reason why Canada can be a whole nation of super-polite people, seemingling all the time.

They bottle all their aggression, frustration, and general human failing and then let it all out in the rink.

It's "The Purge" on-ice.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Da fuq's a "future clock?

Posts: 107240 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post