SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    The inability to follow simple logic
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The inability to follow simple logic Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I wonder what the taxed rate will be on it when 2021 tax season arrives.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
I wonder what the taxed rate will be on it when 2021 tax season arrives.

I'm sure it'll be included on your taxable income. Standard rates I expect, unless that's enough to bump you up a bracket.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15209 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
The only ones overjoyed with having a check coming to them and in return have to do nothing for it are Democrats.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$6 Trillion is roughly $16,000 for every man woman and child in America. Some money is used to leverage more money but jesus that's a lot of money on top of our $22 Trillion debt.
quote:
Kudlow says proposed coronavirus stimulus package is roughly $6 trillion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uolZH4wNvw4

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
To be fair, your wife has selected the best non-cooperative outcome. It's a simple game theory scenario called Tragedy of the Commons.

If everyone cooperates and only buys TP when needed, then everyone benefits greatly. In this case, the great benefit is plentiful and cheap TP on demand without storage costs.

However, if some people take advantage of the situation and hoard, then the overall benefit is reduced. Some people get cheap and plentiful TP on demand (but now have to carrying the cost of storage), while others either have to overpay or can't get it at all.

So, you have three outcomes: 1) cooperate, everyone benefits greatly; 2) take advantage, gain a medium benefit; 3) do nothing, gain nothing.

Because the cooperation option (option 1) is already a non-starter, the best possible outcome for you and the wife is to press on with option 2 and take whatever advantage you can. You don't want to be the guy left holding the bag (option 3).

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post