SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I Went To The Gun Club Today To Shoot My P938
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Went To The Gun Club Today To Shoot My P938 Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
Of course I get there and realized that the little pistol was still at home. Mad

The silver lining: I did have a good session with my P239.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30542 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
That's alright, I went to a match once with no gun and no back up. Luckily my fiancee's gun fit my holster. We headed to safe area after each one shot and handed it back and forth.

Guess what gets asked every time we leave the house now? "Do you have a gun?" I will never live it down. Frown

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I actually had three SIGs and a revolver with me, but the trip was intended specifically for the purpose of working with the P938.

There's always next week.

I'll probably forget ammunition, or targets, or something.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30542 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been known to load up all my gear and artillery, trek to the range..... And no boolits!
Dry fire.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16003 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Animis Opibusque Parati
posted Hide Post
I drove an hour to an outdoor range, to find out I did not bring any targets! Fortunately it was the morning after local elections. A quick drive rounded up a few political candidates yard signs to save the day.

"Prepared in mind and resources"

Posts: 1351 | Location: SC | Registered: October 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I thought everyone was trading in their P938s for the 365?

Just kidding, I like my P938. Don’t tell anyone, but I was recently up North and brought the P238 while out in the woods.

Posts: 6129 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Don't feel bad,hell Monday I go to the range and forgot my ear muffs,had to borrow a pair.
Never done that before,must be an age thingy.

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went dove shooting once with my Winchester 16ga Model 12. Took a few shots but each time had trouble ejecting the shells.
At some point, I remembered I had an identical 12ga Model 12 in the safe and I had brought that by mistake.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
I went to the range last week to shoot a couple guns I had bought and not shot yet. Started getting guns and mags out of the bag found all the mags except for the H&K Mod 4. I knew I loaded the mags the night before. Got home and looked for them and found them in the safe. Going back next week and the gun and mags are already in the bag.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted Hide Post
Went to the range once and had my gun but no ammo.

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3811 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I forgot my earplugs once after I got my new Sig 716. My ears rang for a week. Never again.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This reminds me, I have a keltec sub 2000 that I need to let you shoot next time I go see my mom in Paisley...

Posts: 663 | Registered: August 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Few weeks ago, wore my G19 to church as usual.

Discovered later I had an empty mag.

Doh!

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I went to the range a month ago and I don't remember what I forgot.

Posts: 10817 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
This thread helps a lot. I thought I was the only one. Wink

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went to the range but forgot my pass to swipe in at the gate. The Maintenance guy let me in. At the end of the day I realized I was the only one left at the range and could not leave without the pass. That was fun.

I forget stuff plenty of times, but will not worry until I cannot find my way home from the range.

Posts: 17173 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
I forget stuff plenty of times, but will not worry until I cannot find my way home from the range.
There's an app for that.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Of course I get there and realized that the little pistol was still at home.

I have forgotten to take ammo or targets to the range before, and have left magazines and a stapler at the range. Thankfully, no guns. When leaving the range I inventory my gear before and after several times to be sure I don't leave something behind.

Posts: 27830 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Me too !

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
Of course I get there and realized that the little pistol was still at home.

I have forgotten to take ammo or targets to the range before, and have left magazines and a stapler at the range. Thankfully, no guns. When leaving the range I inventory my gear before and after several times to be sure I don't leave something behind.

Some time last year, my dad was called by a local Sherrif's deputy. The deputy asked my dad if my dad was missing anything. My dad had no clue what he was talking about, then the deputy asked if my dad had been to local public range. Things started to click for my dad and he realized he left his range bag at the rifle range after he and his buddy loaded up the rifle cases. Fortunately, everything including the two handguns were still in the bag. The deputy had run a trace on the handguns which is how he found out who owned them. They had been purchased through a local FFL.

Posts: 10817 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post