SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Being solicited for donations at the grocery store
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Being solicited for donations at the grocery store Login/Join 
Picture of dan03833
posted Hide Post
I just tell them I have an automatic biweekly donation to the worlds largest charity taken from my pay check.

Posts: 1538 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

What a worthless job. Same as the door checkers at Costco. As a member there, though, I do show it to them even though it is an absolute waste of time. They cannot and do not check the items in your cart against the receipt, so why do they even pay someone to fake like they're doing exactly that? It don't make no sense.

My guess is that it prevents enough people from trying. At Sam's club, the person doing the checking is too lazy to even get off of her stool. She doesn't even attempt to check. I was tempted to stand a few feet out of reach and make her get up but I just wanted to get out of there.

Posts: 3229 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post