SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    SIG 239 discontinued & NO "New" Mags Available.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG 239 discontinued & NO "New" Mags Available. Login/Join 
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted
Ok I get it Sig discontinued the 239 its a business decision. They are trying to make a profit.
There are still a lot of NEW 239's out in the market that are being distributed from the wholesalers.
I imagine that new owners would want more than the 2 mags the guns come with. Now there are none available that I can find anywhere...
I wish Sig would continue for a few years to still produce mags for the 239 for their customers who are buying a new 239 not knowing it's been discontinued only to find out they are screwed for new mags. A couple of years would have been nice. I guess this is the way it is for lean profit margins. It doesn't instill brand Loyalty at least for me.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RANGER20,

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
What a shit move from Sig. That would be like Toyota no longer producing parts for last generations Camry.

Hopefully someone such as Mecgar will step up and see there will always be a demand for mags and produce them.

Posts: 13110 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was a shit move. I don't know about 9mm, but recently Sig discontinued .40 cal 226 and 239 mags. They discounted existing inventory and were selling them for 10 bucks or so each. Kind of lie they were intentionally emptying their stock so they wouldn't have to deal with it.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BDA220
posted Hide Post
Yeah, crap. Hopefully MecGar or someone will step up and make them.
And they are selling for a small fortune on eBay..

"Strange days have found us, strange days have tracked us down." JM

Posts: 807 | Location: Pacific NW | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9963 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Out of stock

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30664 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Dang, there were 4 left when I posted it, I had also posted it in the pistols section. Keep checking that page because they do get more in from time to time, and the pricing isn't bad.

Posts: 9963 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was in the bedroom closet the other going thru my old holsters and mag carriers. I found a old mag carrier from High Noon that still had a P239 357sig mag in it. I was thrilled. You can always use another one.

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toano, Va.  | Registered: January 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last year Sig did a dump on their P239 magazine stock. I bought a bunch of them, both .40 and .357. I think they were nine bucks each, new.

In retrospect, I probably should have ordered more.

I ended up buying another P239 as well. Great pistol.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
P230/232 mags also (though NOS P232s are not that common)

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
I have two sigs a 239 and a 229. Great guns, I love them both, but I will never buy another Sig until they start supporting their discontinued guns.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1683 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
It was a shit move.

This

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10924 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
says 11

https://shoot-straight.com/pro...r-p239-9mm-magazine/

Now out of stock. $46 bucks is kinda high anyway

Posts: 1570 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post