SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Violating the sneeze guard safe space
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Violating the sneeze guard safe space Login/Join 
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted
This asshole

Was enjoying my Moe's Monday and this guy comes in, has his face and arms way over the glass pointing at what he wants. I'm sure I would have said something if I were behind him in line. Stay out of my eatin joints dickhead.

Not the best pic, he was way over the glass most of the time. It does show his arm and hand over the glass

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
That really sets me off too.
I just try to tell myself that it must be very hard for these people to go through life without a functioning brain.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/uTA7MnI4F7U

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Oh, the humanity!

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P210:
Oh, the humanity!

Any time I worked behind one, I had to adhere to, and be subject to so many standards that could be complained about by customers that I flatly told people who did what the OP is complaining about "Sir/Ma'am, I need you to keep all of you on that side of the glass." I didn't say please, and I didn't apologize, either. I'd thank them when they backed their orangutan limbs off the glass, though.

I had a coworker who was a mid-level manager who used to go to a part of the kitchen he thought nobody could see and scream into his hat when things were going wrong. An elderly female customer saw this on her way to the bathroom once and thought he blew his nose in his hat and went back to cooking. He had a meeting with the corporate founders to decide if he was going to keep his job or not. It was only when they reviewed the footage and he was able to explain himself and have a few other coworkers back him up that he was allowed to keep his job. This shit is no joke.

It's a liability thing. If someone gets sick because of some nasty shit that fell off that guy's arm's into the food, the restaurant gets the blame, and they're going to take it instead of trying to shunt it off onto the orangutan. More likely, it would be the food, but those barriers exist for a reason. Had I been the kitchen manager, I would have either told that guy to back up, or afterwards, I would have had every pan in the warming tray tossed. That's just how that works. It's probably been a very long time, if ever, that you've worked that side of the counter. Those sneeze guards exist for a reason. Unvaccinated illegal aliens from Russia carrying TB and Africans carrying measles in my area are decent examples.

In conclusion, back the fuck up off the sneeze guards and respect the people preparing your food because, they're preparing your food. And not just for you, but many others. I'm solidly and 100% with the OP on this one.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Forgive me. Apparently I’ve dealt with too many people who’d lose their minds if their sandwich maker wasn’t wearing gloves and hair and beard nets, then went in the bathroom and snorted something that entered the country inside someone’s ass off the toilet paper dispenser.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Sounds like we’ve dealt with the same people. I made them food and you had to eat with them. Razz

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post