SIGforum
Women say men act like babies when they are sick

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/1980020244

May 21, 2018, 01:24 AM
Lord Vaalic
Women say men act like babies when they are sick
Well maybe, but it beats being a turbo crabby bitch all day.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day
May 21, 2018, 10:50 AM
vinnybass
Maybe some. I don't know.

When I'm sick all I want is to be left alone. My wife would tell you she wouldn't even know I'm there if it weren't for my motionless presence. I'll feed myself (very little) & get my own drinks & meds.

Nothing baby-like about that.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."
May 21, 2018, 10:58 AM
parabellum
Old wive's tale. If it makes women feel superior when they say this, then let them delude themselves.
May 21, 2018, 11:09 AM
P220 Smudge
Thread full of truth. When I’m sick, I’ll take care of myself and ask to be left the hell alone. When my wife is sick, everyone suffers.

May 21, 2018, 11:26 AM
Fire Away
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Thread full of truth. When I’m sick, I’ll take care of myself and ask to be left the hell alone. When my wife is sick, everyone suffers.

No truer words written! Big Grin
May 22, 2018, 10:14 AM
dgrdvm
I agree I am capable of taking care of myself, but the wife likes to " mother " if some one in the house is sick, and it is my duty to make her happy and let her.
That's my story and I am sticking to it.

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that'
George Carlin
May 22, 2018, 10:41 AM
flesheatingvirus
Some do. Unless I’m contagious, I’m at work, so I wouldn’t know. Wink

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --
May 22, 2018, 02:16 PM
Kevmo
My wife stopped saying this to me after I drove myself to the hospital, was admitted instantly and almost died in the OR, all without complaining or asking for help from her
May 22, 2018, 04:54 PM
brecaidra
Ridiculous generalizations. I know some men who are babies when sick, but I also know some women who are as well, just like there are some men and some women who are crabby.

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven
May 23, 2018, 10:18 AM
RHINOWSO
Of course I’m never sick, so I wouldn’t know. Wink
May 24, 2018, 10:02 AM
jhe888
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:

This is the pattern in my house, too. My wife's mother generally indulged her, but when she was sick it was even more than indulgence. She still thinks she is entitled to that. I prefer to be left alone when sick.

But it differs by individual, not by gender. I agree that many women seem to like to make this claim, though.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.
May 24, 2018, 02:32 PM
brecaidra
^ I think that many people say, "Women do ___," or "Men do ___," when it would be more accurate to say, "My spouse does ___."

May 25, 2018, 02:55 PM
KMitch200
quote:
Originally posted by brecaidra:
just like there are some men and some women who are crabby.

I guess I'd put myself in the crabby group. I don't want to be around anyone and give whatever to them so...
Leave. Me. Alone.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.
May 26, 2018, 10:01 PM
SigSauerP226
quote:
^ I think that many people say, "Women do ___," or "Men do ___," when it would be more accurate to say, "My spouse does ___."

This, I never know when my wife is sick. She just goes about her business and I'm the same. Neither of us take care of the other, but not because we don't want to, it just never really comes up.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...
May 27, 2018, 01:36 PM
.38supersig
'Sick' men/women acting like babies. Stereotype much? I guess the same can be said for backing a trailer, so...

May 27, 2018, 07:05 PM
mark123
I read an article stating that estrogen causes illness to not be as severe. In other words, women don't get the same misery as men. Big Grin
May 27, 2018, 07:55 PM
brecaidra
^ Don't make me play the childbirth card.

Razz

May 28, 2018, 06:07 AM
nukeandpave
quote:

Razz

Overrated. Try getting your dick caught in your zipper.
May 28, 2018, 06:11 AM
MNSIG
quote:

Razz

Everyone says kidney stones are worse anyway Smile
May 28, 2018, 11:28 AM
Lord Vaalic
Yes my mom says kidney stones were worse than giving childbirth, and she has had several bouts of both issues....

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day