SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    The worst tv show in television history
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The worst tv show in television history Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted
The Masked Singer was on at the gym last night while I was lifting so I caught some of it between sets. There was this poodle mask thing on there and it was hard to ignore. I was looking at the screen saying what in fucking hell is this bullshit? I had never heard of the show because I don’t want commercial television only pay tv (HBO, SHO, etc) because I loathe fucking commercials on screen or in the car on the radio. So let me get this right, some B or C list celebrities, in other words has beens, play dress up in Helloween costumes, sing badly, and this is supposed to be enjoyable? The host, iirc Nick Cannon, had a turbin on or whatever they are called. He looked like he was auditioning for the newest Aladdin film.

Do people actually watch terrible tv shows like and then stay for the commercials? Unbelievable. I always though reality tv was just fast food tv, and terrible. Didn’t matter what it was, Real World in the 90’s, Big Brother, Survivor Island or whatever that one was, the one back in the day where people ate disgusting shit. At least Dwayne Johnson’s new deal is athletes busting their ass so it has some redeeming quality (I don’t watch it, just seen an online advert) and looked difficult. This deal with the costumes, dumb host and stupid judges. It’s like American Idol, the even shittier version.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Report This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
2 1/2 Men. Next up, 2 Broke Girls.

Posts: 19976 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
People will watch just about anything if they put it on the tube. Witness shows such as Big Brother, The Bachelor and The Bachelorette.

There is actually some good "reality" entertainment on TV. American Ninja can be fascinating. American Idol actually produced some truly good singing at one time, and the interaction between the original judges could be fun. America's Got Talent has had some truly terrific performances. Hell's Kitchen was enjoyable the first couple seasons--until it became more about how abusive Ramsey could be and the inter-contestant melodrama than anything else.

Ya gotta sort through the wheat and discard the chaff Smile (And there's a lot of chaff.)

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Notary Sojac
Picture of festus haggen
posted Hide Post
My Mother the Car.

Golden lads and girls all must,
As chimney-sweepers, come to dust.

Posts: 367 | Location: Maryland | Registered: June 13, 2005Report This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Superior Donuts
The Good Place
Murphy Brown

Posts: 693 | Location: E. Central Missouri | Registered: January 05, 2011Report This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
Kookie Kookie lend me your comb

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1487 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Gong show hands down.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Sixty Minutes

The Rachel Madcow Show

Everything on CNN

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31385 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Gong show hands down.

What ? I loved the Gong Show. The best part was watching Chuck Barris having so much fun.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
Sixty Minutes

The Rachel Madcow Show

Everything on CNN
Politics in an apolitical thread.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Honestly w-a-y too many to list! Frown

I'm convinced TV execs are all on drugs. They cancel decent shows and promote utter garbage.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Quark.
And I’m a huge sci-fi fan.

Posts: 6289 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I've never seen the Masked Singer, but I wholeheartedly vote for anything with "Real Housewives of..." in it.

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Report This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Another vote for 2 broke girls. Can't even bring myself to capitalize the title.

posted Hide Post
If I see one more show with three "judges" sitting behind a desk, I'm going to throw a brick at the screen !

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Report This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
If I see one more show with three "judges" sitting behind a desk, I'm going to throw a brick at the screen !

My man! You get it! This is the same meal with some diarrhea spread Wink

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Report This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
What would you do

Posts: 7437 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Just about any "reality" show. The View, The Chew and last, but certainly not least, The Rosie O'Donnell show

Yeah, I used to have a couple of guns.

Posts: 434 | Location: North Central Ohio | Registered: February 08, 2009Report This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
I would nominate "Twin Peaks". My wife and I watched it for a few episodes thinking it had to get better (it didn't) or the plot would go somewhere (if didn't).

Posts: 1498 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Report This Post