SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    AIM Surplus shipping
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AIM Surplus shipping Login/Join 
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted
For magazines. Off to somewhere else

Subtotal: $58.63
Shipping: $25.97

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
Yikes!

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
I have never been impressed with Aim's shipping prices. Every once in a while, an item will have free shipping, but on most of their products the shipping they charge is pretty dumb.

Posts: 1997 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the only thing really worth it from AIM is if it's 'free shipping'.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
There reply after another email.

quote:
The magazines ship from our second warehouse, and shipping is through UPS, unfortunately we cannot do anything about the shipping as it is a separate shipment.

Well, I guess you could ship them from your main warehouse. Seems like they are taking ordered and having someone else fulfill them. Politely told them I would be shopping somewhere else.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can drive down to Aim and pick stuff up.

But it is a long way and between gas and tax...might as well ship, but still pay tax.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Drop shipping will bite you in the ass every time.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had a lot better experience from Recoil Gun Works.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
If you know the shipping is out of order pricewise when you place the order - DO SOMETHING ELSE.
No need to blame the supplier - just take advantage of "Free Shipping" whenever you can.
It isn't "Free" to them so why cry when the shipping is too high?
Just think alternatives.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I've heard that their website software is messed up for calculating shipping and you can call to place your order and get more normal shipping prices.

Though you'd think they would work to correct it, if true...

Posts: 220 | Location: SE Pennsylvania | Registered: May 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
11 miles up I-75 from my office.

Haters gonna hate Razz

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post