This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/1950009344

July 03, 2018, 01:37 PM
comet24
AIM Surplus shipping
For magazines. Off to somewhere else

Subtotal: $58.63
Shipping: $25.97

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac
July 03, 2018, 02:48 PM
ShneaSIG
Yikes!

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"
July 03, 2018, 03:16 PM
Vgex
I have never been impressed with Aim's shipping prices. Every once in a while, an item will have free shipping, but on most of their products the shipping they charge is pretty dumb.
July 03, 2018, 04:19 PM
RHINOWSO
Yeah, the only thing really worth it from AIM is if it's 'free shipping'.
July 03, 2018, 05:40 PM
comet24
There reply after another email.

quote:
The magazines ship from our second warehouse, and shipping is through UPS, unfortunately we cannot do anything about the shipping as it is a separate shipment.

Well, I guess you could ship them from your main warehouse. Seems like they are taking ordered and having someone else fulfill them. Politely told them I would be shopping somewhere else.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac
July 03, 2018, 10:57 PM
Aquabird
I can drive down to Aim and pick stuff up.

But it is a long way and between gas and tax...might as well ship, but still pay tax.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member
July 04, 2018, 12:05 AM
bubbatime
Drop shipping will bite you in the ass every time.

July 05, 2018, 08:33 AM
sns3guppy
I've had a lot better experience from Recoil Gun Works.
July 05, 2018, 11:29 AM
smschulz
If you know the shipping is out of order pricewise when you place the order - DO SOMETHING ELSE.
No need to blame the supplier - just take advantage of "Free Shipping" whenever you can.
It isn't "Free" to them so why cry when the shipping is too high?
Just think alternatives.
July 05, 2018, 11:33 AM
sean7
I think I've heard that their website software is messed up for calculating shipping and you can call to place your order and get more normal shipping prices.

Though you'd think they would work to correct it, if true...
July 05, 2018, 12:34 PM
kz1000
11 miles up I-75 from my office.

Haters gonna hate Razz

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris