SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Blister pack pill packaging!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blister pack pill packaging! Login/Join 
posted
The ones for individual pills that say to fold back a corner and then tear. But actually when you fold back the corner it breaks off!
Generic drug comes in a bottle so all you have to do is attempt to get the foil protective cover under the lid off verses the name drug blister packaging, but you get twice the pills for 1/2 the price, plus less aggravation, though the foil bottle covers often require a knife also but at least the bottle is larger than a small blister pack for an individual pill.

Jim

Posts: 1344 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Concur. The blister packs are bogus. Half the time the damn pill pops out and ends up on the floor.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Concur. The blister packs are bogus. Half the time the damn pill pops out and ends up on the floor.

Yeah, and don't open it near the sink. Smile

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Ditto!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And for arthritis medication? What a joke.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
My favorites are the Alka Seltzer Cold and Flu capsules. The back side is made from carbon fiber reinforced cardboard. The bubble side is transparent aluminum. The guy that can tear open the package is one mean SOB.

Posts: 3220 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Do you believe the manufacturers want to try to sell you a product that is unpleasant to use?

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is true of so much packaging these days. Trying to get something open, destroys the product half the time. I use one of those industrial style pair of scissors but even then, it's a struggle.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I keep my Mini Buck knife next to my BP pills. Seems to be the only way to open them.

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxwayne:
I keep my Mini Buck knife next to my BP pills. Seems to be the only way to open them.

Exactly!

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxwayne:

Does the difficult packaging raise your BP? Wink

P229

Posts: 3808 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post