SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    May the maggots of one thousand rotting corpses

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
May the maggots of one thousand rotting corpses Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted
Infest the crotch of the man who invented group texting.

Mad

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Infest the crotch of the man who invented group texting.

Mad

Particularly those group texts you cannot dismiss yourself from.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9683 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes. I absolutely detest group text. It is the unholy child of "reply all".

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Report This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Preach it brother.

My wife comes from a large family and one of her sisters decided it would be a great idea to have a family group text. Her sister added me without telling me or asking me if I was interested.

I'm sitting in my office one day and suddenly my phone starts blowing up. I had to shut my phone off just to get any work done. I finally got removed, but what a pain in the ass.

My wife loves it, but has learned to mute it at night. She and her sisters think nothing of continuing text conversations in the middle of the night. Mad

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6395 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The correct number of people for a group text is three. Then, the only reason to use it is to share information relative to the other two parties. Anything else can be done direct person-to-person. The more people that are in them the more annoying they are. I am a party to several and keep them all muted.

Posts: 5160 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I absolutely despise group texting. My in-laws and my mother like using it. I fucking hate it. Every time, it's some cutesy thing that would have been a forwarded email in years gone by, but now, I get to hear my phone just about exploding in my pocket for an hour with everyone's "lol"s. Gawd, I hate that shit.

Did I mention I fucking hate it? Mad

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
Retired, laying back
and enjoying life
Picture of low8option
posted Hide Post
Just wait until you get included in spamming group text. Mad

Freedom comes from the will of man. In America it is guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment

Posts: 878 | Location: Northern Alabama | Registered: June 21, 2005Report This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I know, right??

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Report This Post
Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
+1

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Report This Post
Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
#bullshit!

Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Right up there with the robocalls with the local numbers. Same set of critters need to get those bastards.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
When I get group texts or group emails, I block all of the participants. Problem solved.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Report This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
You know you can mute an individual thread of text (on iPhone at least, bet also droid) without muting the entire device. On iPhone from all messages view just slide to the left like you are going to delete the thread but not all the way over. You'll see appearance next to Delete a little crossed out bell or such in purple I think, click that.

I'm on a family thread I can't actually drop out of but don't care about notifications. I can look at it or use it when I need to. This works perfectly for such as those.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12402 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Report This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
^^^ I'll try that next time. If it works, you win the internet.

I've scoured Google with no solution so far other than turning off my phone which I can't do whilst on call.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I'd up that to 5000 rotting corpses. My family knows enough now to leave me off of them as I have protested loudly in very colorful language my feelings on being included in these. My wife can tell me anything I need to know that is included in the group text.

The only time I will allow myself to be included is a annual fishing trip I take with two of my sons and three other buddies. We are all some distance apart and several of them work different shifts so we need to use that for meal and trip planning. They are all mature enough to respond with just the needed information and no bullshit talk or sending just a emoji! Women can go for twenty messages with just emoji's!! Mad

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
just this past week i had to tell some friends they were texting like a bunch of teenage girls. And that was just trying to set up a foursome to golf. Give me the day and time, I'll tell you if I'll be there. End of story.