SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    El Presidente had to speak to a homeowner today
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

El Presidente had to speak to a homeowner today Login/Join 
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted
You know how homeowner's associations work? I do. And, I volunteered. So today I had to knock on a neighbor's door to ask that he pick up a severed deer head from his backyard where since December it has been sitting there. The plan, as he related, was for the various little critters to remove the flesh from the skull so he could make a nice skull mount. I related how some people found it offensive and asked that he square away his domicile. Nice enough young man, but one has to wonder...in the city, on a 1/4 acre lot, do we get to just do whatever we want? I mean, it's America and all. Ah, the joy of being El Presidente!

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, there are easier ways to accomplish what he was trying to do. You can actually mail order those little critters and place the head in a special bag where they can do their magic. There's a solution for everything !

I am sure that will not be the last door you have to knock on. Big Grin

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
'Murica
Picture of szuppo
posted Hide Post
Was it visible from the street?

Semper Fi

Posts: 3240 | Location: Canfield, Ohio | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
I saw a house in a nice neighborhood that had about 30 bags of dog poop piled up next to the front of the house. Some people are really strange.

Posts: 3229 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Walking along our property in Michigan I spied a 5 gallon bucket on a rope 10 feet up in a tree. It looked to be on our property, so I untied the rope and lowered the bucket down. Guess what was in the bucket? That's right, a deer skull. Turned out the neighbor had done it for the same reason as your neighbor.

I'm president of our HOA in Florida, but only for a few more months. We used to have great neighbors and now we have some not so great ones, so we're moving. Never again will I be a part of an HOA.

Posts: 10821 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Burying the skull in or near an ant hill will accomplish this.

Also, why is the HOA allowed to enforce what is laying on the ground of the backyard?

Reason #643 to avoid [certain] HOAs.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Suppressed:
I saw a house in a nice neighborhood that had about 30 bags of dog poop piled up next to the front of the house. Some people are really strange.
Maybe his dog had pooped in the neighbors' yards and the were paying him back!

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I’m here because I thought Putos spoke to a home owner (mad)

Posts: 90 | Registered: December 23, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sagemind100:

PUTOS? President under the orange shock?

Posts: 10821 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
quote:
Originally posted by sagemind100:

PUTOS? President under the orange shock?

Little bitches

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
German hunters have a better way to clean the skulls.

Skin it, remove the lower jaw, trim as much meat as possible off the skull. Then boil it with the water up to the base of the antlers. All done in a day or 2, no stinking, maggots, etc etc.

Or, if you just want the front of the skull and antlers to mount, saw off as mush of the skull as you want to get rid of. Then boil, etc. Let it dry, then you can mount it on the kind of plaque you desire. I have several done that way. Quick and easy.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
All done in a day or 2, no stinking, maggots, etc etc.

I've done it with a couple boar skulls. I would strongly argue the "no stinking" thing. Big Grin Lot's of "energy" wasted that way too.

I de-fleshed a deer skull once by putting it in an eel trap and sticking it out in the harbor for a couple weeks. The crabs, fish and eels did a really nice job. I will NEVER do that to again. It stunk like rotten harbor bottom muck for months. Eek

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No stinking? I prepared a skull that way over a weekend my wife was out of town. Let's just say she was none too pleased when she got home.

Posts: 251 | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
German hunters have a better way to clean the skulls.

Skin it, remove the lower jaw, trim as much meat as possible off the skull. Then boil it with the water up to the base of the antlers. All done in a day or 2, no stinking, maggots, etc etc.

Or, if you just want the front of the skull and antlers to mount, saw off as mush of the skull as you want to get rid of. Then boil, etc. Let it dry, then you can mount it on the kind of plaque you desire. I have several done that way. Quick and easy.

Then, if you soak it in Hydrogen Peroxide for awhile, it turns the bone a nice clean bright white.

Posts: 78 | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of goingbroke
posted Hide Post
I found a nice ten point deer skull with the meat still attached while riding my gator along a power line.

Black Dog and I took him home and left him outside out back for the sun to dry him out but those pesky ask squirrels had a field day chewing his antlers down to nubs...

...bunch of inbred acorn eaters messed that rack up!

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition." - Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 5055 | Location: South of Atlanta | Registered: July 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Feel lucky. The guy across the road from me had to deal with neighbors without clothing in the next backyard from him.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
Ahhh... HOA's

For those who just don't have enough government in their lives

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
It would be understandable if the skull stank enough to drift into neighbors' yards or houses. Absent that, it would mean somebody was peeking. Do the neighbors make a habit of peering into other neighbors' back yards? Over or through fences?

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
Do the neighbors make a habit of peering . . . Over or through fences?
I did not see any mention of a fence anywhere in this thread. There might not be a fence.

I live in an HOA subdivision. Some homeowners have installed fences, some have not.

We do have a fence around our own back yard, not so much for privacy, but because we wanted to let our dog have free run. A doggie door allowed her to go in and out freely. Our neighbors on both sides also had dogs, so we split the cost of the fences.

Many of the other homes have wide open yards, no fences.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I wish we had a HOA in my neighborhood. I have a few neighbors whose yards look like the county landfill. Only the junk/trash isn’t being buried.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post