SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Amy Hung Up On Me. Again.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amy Hung Up On Me. Again. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LtJL:
I got another one with "Metro Vice" today at 0930.
I heard a funny kind of strangling sound on the other end just before he disconnected.

Maybe some lucky call recipient got their wish, reached through the phone lines, and choked the asshole until his eyes popped out.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Center mass,
Armpit level...

Picture of greekfed
posted Hide Post
I can't be bothered screwing with these morons!
But lately I haven't had to!
I signed up for "NoMoRobo" and after about three days the calls stopped.
It's a free service on a landline and fairly cheap for a cell phone.
Try it, you might like the silence!

Posts: 3154 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: August 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by greekfed:
I can't be bothered screwing with these morons! But lately I haven't had to! I signed up for "NoMoRobo" and after about three days the calls stopped. It's a free service on a landline and fairly cheap for a cell phone. Try it, you might like the silence!
I don't have a landline (great move, getting rid of it a few years ago!) and I'm already paying for cell service; I refuse to pay more to keep these assholes away from my phone. I would much rather let them call. If I'm doing something I ignore calls from numbers that I don't recognize. If I'm not busy I'll take the call, then if it's a telemarketer I'll just get as creative as I can to waste their time and mess with them.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30641 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
"NoMoRobo"

I'm out of here in a few moments to go woods tromping, but when I come back I'm jumping on this. Great explanation here: https://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2492079,00.asp

Yesterday I picked up an Indian guy robocall and I asked him politely to "please take me off your call list, I'm on the national do not call registry"...He responded in heavily accented english: "Oh shut up I will Fuck you and your wife in the ass blah blah blah..." I was laughing hard when I hung up. I get 3 or 4 robcalls daily, although google, my wireless carrier, is doing better at identifying them as spam.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Jennifer called during our suppertime.
She wanted to discuss all the great reasons I should send money to Autism.

THE QUESTION triggered her immediate withdrawal.

Thanks for the idea!

Posts: 15885 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I am Amy...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43865 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
V-Tail , thanks for the tip.
Received a call from a lady who, most likely enjoys curry.
She wanted to sell a new credit card with a lower interest rate.
As she was delivering her pitch, I asked what she was wearing.
She didn't respond so I persisted.
She said that wasn't appropriate.
Finally after I asked about her underwear, she hung up.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by msfzoe:
V-Tail , thanks for the tip.
Received a call from a lady who, most likely enjoys curry.
She wanted to sell a new credit card with a lower interest rate.
As she was delivering her pitch, I asked what she was wearing.
She didn't respond so I persisted.
She said that wasn't appropriate.
Finally after I asked about her underwear, she hung up.
Remember to use your "demented old man" voice.

Reaching back maybe forty years, Henry Gibson on Laugh-In, trying to come on to Ruth Buzzi (Buzzy?) who was sitting on a park bench. In his Old Man role, he would try a pick-up line on her and she would smack him with her purse. A different variation on this theme every week.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30641 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
I am an old man, so the voice comes naturally. Smile

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I am Amy...

OK, since nobody else will...

What are you wearing?

Posts: 15885 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9143 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
You told me you deleted that...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43865 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
You told me you deleted that.
Blackmailers always come back for a second bite at the apple.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

posted Hide Post
I couldn't delete it, such good memories of the afternoon at the beach, so I made it my screen saver instead.

Solly, dollink!

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9143 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post