SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Never fails to amaze: folks posting without reading a thread esp karma ones
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Never fails to amaze: folks posting without reading a thread esp karma ones Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted
Some clowns never even bother to read a thread before posting.
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...740054374#3740054374

Then ya gotta love the ones who appear to simply see "karma" and automatically post "pick me"?

Nothing like looking like a jackass entering a karma after it has already been awarded. (The shoobay hammer karma thread is an example.) Sheesh Frown Frown Frown

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Or the Karma threads with specific entry requirements for the post (like post a photo, or post what you're thankful for, or post a sentence including the words please and thank you), filled with people just posting "I'm in!".

Uh, no you're not!

The Free Shit crowd is everpresent, even on this forum.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Yep.

It's not as if the OPs are making difficult demands. Usually, it's a very simple request, yet the thread will be populated with "I'm in" responses regardless of the request.

I also scratch my head when you read the OP writing that the winner doesn't have an email in their profile. What do they think, the OP can contact them via mental telepathy? Frown

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6370 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
My favorite is posting in a Karma thread "I'm in!" after a winner has been picked.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
Reading? You expect reading? You're silly. Razz

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MWC:

Well I guess that means I'm in good company as that makes Para "silly" too given his guidance in the thread I linked in my opening post here. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Shooboy Karma thread was odd because the 3 "I'm In" responses were 2 posts below the Winner being announced and the posters were members for 6, 18 and 14 years.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Very generous, I’d love a chance!

Please and thank you...

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10917 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
The worst offenders seem to be the ones for karmas when Dave is giving a watch away. Seems karmas are a description to what one of my old professors said in school about holiday dinners: you see people you rarely see.

And yes, the free shit crowd is heavy here, too.

My question would be: would you buy this yourself? If not, don’t enter the damn karma.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I always require and email address in their profile to enter, which makes it tons easier for me to give it away and get it mailed. Not surprisingly, there are always some who don't bother to read that.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m in !!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

The Free Shit crowd is everpresent, even on this forum.

This is what I don’t understand. There are some karmas I will enter, because the item(s) have a value to me. There are other karmas I don’t enter (most of Dave’s watch karmas) because I won’t use the item. They are great watches, but I like what I wear and I am really picky.

We have this problem at work, and it’s really sad to watch. The holidays roll around and vendors give away free shit. In my line of work, vendors usually give away food. Because of the rona we are not having any type of shared food events. So pies that are given to us, are not to be set out for everyone to get a slice.
We are given three pies. These are pretty nice pies purchased from Rock Springs Cafe. Manager tells me about them and I said to throw names in a hat and pick three lucky pie winners.
Manager takes pies and sets out napkins and a knife so everyone can cut a slice and take a slice home... on a fucking napkin. The pies went to waste because there is always the one person who takes a slice and then no one wanted any and the one slice taker doesn’t want to look greedy and take the whole pie.

Manager takes one pie home and shares with family for thanksgiving. Brings half eaten pie back into facility for everyone to share what is left. No one touches it, and to the trash it went.
(Yes, we had a serious discussion about following directions)

Same situation, we had a bunch of other crap given to us just before Christmas. I told the manager to have a Christmas giveaway. There were enough gifts for all the employees, but not the managers or office staff. Manager was completely distraught. Couldn’t focus on normal daily tasks and finally came to me feeling completely neglected and was literally almost in tears because they were being left out of the giveaway. Mind you, this manager is paid extremely well for their duties and responsibilities.

I told the manager to pick something from the gift pile. Anything they want, take your pick. Manager picks the nicest gift. I tell the manager to go put it in their vehicle. Mood is changed and now I have a smiling manager that is happy to give away gifts. Realizes that one employee will now be left out, but has a “well that’s how the cookie crumbles” attitude toward it.

The last employee that was going to be left out, Was given a very nice gift from my wallet.

Free shit, I have to get some!!! Fucking poverty mentality is disgusting.

Seagulls at the dump.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
I don't get people entering karma without reading them. I don't enter a karma unless I could really use the item. For instance, Dave is always giving away awesome watches, worth good money. I don't wear a watch so I won't enter. I guess I wouldn't know what the deal was if I didn't read the threads.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12406 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m in bald1. Thanks for the karma.

(I forget, what’s he giving away again?)

Posts: 7344 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:
Originally posted by MWC:

Well I guess that means I'm in good company as that makes Para "silly" too given his guidance in the thread I linked in my opening post here. Big Grin

That mean I won the karma? Oh, thank you, thank you! Big Grin

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
Same situation, we had a bunch of other crap given to us just before Christmas. I told the manager to have a Christmas giveaway. There were enough gifts for all the employees, but not the managers or office staff. Manager was completely distraught. Couldn’t focus on normal daily tasks and finally came to me feeling completely neglected and was literally almost in tears because they were being left out of the giveaway. Mind you, this manager is paid extremely well for their duties and responsibilities.

I told the manager to pick something from the gift pile. Anything they want, take your pick. Manager picks the nicest gift. I tell the manager to go put it in their vehicle. Mood is changed and now I have a smiling manager that is happy to give away gifts. Realizes that one employee will now be left out, but has a “well that’s how the cookie crumbles” attitude toward it.

That manager is a piece of shit.

I wouldn't have let him pick anything, he would've had to live with it. He/she can take their feelings of feeling left out and crying and go home for good. That's not leader, that's a manager.

Sadly, we have many like that in the Army. All they can think about is themselves.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
...posting in a Karma thread "I'm in!" after a winner has been picked.

I believe bald1 already posted this in the OP. Razz

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
...posting in a Karma thread "I'm in!" after a winner has been picked.

I believe bald1 already posted this in the OP. Razz

I think this would have to be called a "meta own"

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
Reading every post in a karma trying to find that a winner was picked is way too much ..

Op should correct the heading to say "karma awarded"

Other than that I hate it that ppl can't get over themselves.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Manager picks the nicest gift. I tell the manager to go put it in their vehicle.

I’m curious. Was the manager a Siamese conjoined twin, or is the use of the plural pronoun some of that confusing-as-hell-but-politically-correct modern writing?

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8200 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post