SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    USPS Package delivery
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

USPS Package delivery Login/Join 
Picture of rexles
posted
The past two weeks I have received email notifications that my package was delivered and it was NOT delivered. Once it was a Thursday and it finally arrived Saturday. Then this week it was supposedly delivered 10/13 and I still haven't received it.
Both times I asked the rural driver and they said " I didn't work yesterday"
And they expect us to trust the USPS to get our ballots to be counted on time. YA SURE!

NRA Life member
NRA Certified Instructor
"Our duty is to serve the mission, and if we're not doing that, then we have no right to call what we do service" Marcus Luttrell

Posts: 1110 | Location: Holland, OH | Registered: May 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Had something like that happen to me last year. Got notified of delivery but hadn't seen the carrier. So I called and talked to the Postmaster. Root cause simply put is that the carrier scanned the package when loading his vehicle and not when actually making the delivery. Actual delivery occurred several hours later when the carrier got to my area of his delivery route.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
rural driver

There's your problem right there.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
A couple years ago, my USPS package was marked delivered and it eventually showed up a couple days later. Googled it and it sounds like it's become SOP for USPS to mark delivered 1.5 to 3 days before it's actually delivered Roll Eyes It's happened to me several times since then too, but I don't worry about it until it's been 3 business days.

Every week, my neighborhood FB page has at least one post on USPS marked delivered but no package in box or front porch. Most of the time, they repost a couple days later that it was finally delivered.

USPS does misdeliver some items. Just last week my neighbor's mail order prescription ended up in my box and I delivered it to my neighbor. However, some neighbors are lazy so if a package erroneously ends up in their box they'll put it back in the mail instead of being neighborly. I even had one lazy neighbor message me that they received my package (nice of them), but totally blew being neighborly when they demanded I make an exact time appointment to come get it (between 10 and 10:30 wasn't good enough either) even though it was 5 houses away (perfectly healthy people 10 years younger than me Roll Eyes).

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23099 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Googled it and it sounds like it's become SOP for USPS to mark delivered 1.5 to 3 days before it's actually delivered

It isn't
If it's something that is routed through UPS, I don't know if it's a computer program problem or people looking at the wrong tracking system, but UPS will scan it delivered when they deliver it to the post office, then the post office delivers it. Anything coming through UPS isn't first class or priority, and half the time they drop it off mid morning (after carriers are gone), so it doesn't go that day.
The people who make the systems for the Post Office are fucking retards.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
With USPS, their slogan should be, We are the United States Postal Disservice, and we aim to screw you every which way possible. Man, I despise these incompetent fools with a passion.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
We've had 3-4 pkgs delivered that are clearly marked FRAGILE: LIQUID on all 6 sides of the box in bright red stamp.
Carrier just tosses it on the doorstep from about 5 ft away (seen on Ring doorbell & witnessed from the office window once) Mad

Luckily, the shipper heavily pads the items & nothing was broken...

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15153 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
We send a ton of certified mail. Those green cards that get returned with the name and signature of the recipient cost an additional $2.75 I think.

All the cards we have been receiving back have been signed "Covid-19" or something related. No signature or recipient name.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
With USPS, their slogan should be, We are the United States Postal Disservice, and we aim to screw you every which way possible. Man, I despise these incompetent fools with a passion.

The latest in their long history of f-ups:
Priority envelope (for a payment) went out 11 days ago. Supposed to go to MD. Yesterday, it popped up in Providence, RI. This morning, it's in Springfield, MA. Mad

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
We send a ton of certified mail. Those green cards that get returned with the name and signature of the recipient cost an additional $2.75 I think

^^^^^^^^^
Anytime I get a piece of certified mail it is a hassle. Usually an attorney, disgruntled individual or health insurance company. I often ask who it is from and decide accordingly. I guess some folks express their displeasure by signing Mr. Covid 19.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
What gets me is the “partnership” that exists between FedEx and USPS for parcel delivery. FedEx sends a parcel to USPS with shipping numbers, and supposedly the USPS now has the parcel.

I ordered an item and was sent via FedEx-Post to the Indianapolis USPS Distro Center; and has been there for the past two days. I’m in Louisville, a distance of 100 miles from Indy.

HELLFIREANDDAMNATION; get off your effing butts and send it down here!!!!!

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
^ The Smartpost concept as realized sucks donkey balls. Packages that would be better served by FedEx delivery sent to USPS for final delivery, and vice versa. It's retarded.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
We send a ton of certified mail. Those green cards that get returned with the name and signature of the recipient cost an additional $2.75 I think

^^^^^^^^^
Anytime I get a piece of certified mail it is a hassle. Usually an attorney, disgruntled individual or health insurance company. I often ask who it is from and decide accordingly. I guess some folks express their displeasure by signing Mr. Covid 19.

Nope. Postal workers not letting people sign. They are supposed to at least get the first initial and last name.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
They always insist that I sign. If they do not tell me who it is from I politely refuse. Guess you got the lazy ones.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redleg06
posted Hide Post
I'm waiting on a Priority Mail package right now. USPS Tracking said it left San Antonio at 3:08 am yesterday morning...and again at 10:37 pm last night. I wonder where it went during that 19+ hours?

"Cedat Fortuna Peritis"

Posts: 1975 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redleg06:
I'm waiting on a Priority Mail package right now. USPS Tracking said it left San Antonio at 3:08 am yesterday morning...and again at 10:37 pm last night. I wonder where it went during that 19+ hours?

Probably to Los Angeles for a visit. That's where my packages go before they end up in Tucson.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I dealt with this today.

9:45 email update from USPS "Out for delivery"

12:45 update from USPS "Returned to sender house number not available

12:56 "Item delivered"

At 1pm I check my mailbox and there it is.

Weird

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
I've lived here for almost 18 years now and never really had any issues with USPS until my fiancee moved in (that's coming up on 2 years now Eek). Seems she and her mom had a few run-ins with our postal carrier (stuffing packages into the box so hard they had to cut the box open to get it out - multiple times). Now it happens here from time to time. Postal gal always tried to blame the substitute drivers, but I caught her one day last winter shoving a large package into the mailbox and as soon as she saw me walking down the driveway, she started trying to yank the now wedged the package out of the box...

No issues at all with the normal substitute guy. We really like him. He's pleasant, always has a smile on his face and is usually here by 9:30AM. It's almost 5PM and I still haven't seen the regular gal and we're supposed to be getting something today. Roll Eyes

Posts: 1799 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I live in a really rural area, never have any problems with the deliveries from the carrier. Ever.

But , have had mis deliveries addressed to me end up in Texas, etc.

I mailed something to UVA Medical Center end of August. At a doctor's appt there yesterday, they told me they had just received it, middle of Oct.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Numrich sent a small package containing a sight hood and a 6 round rimfire magazine. On November 7th it arrived in the Detroit distribution center, notification that it was in process to the next stop which is my local post office about fifty miles from Detroit, should have arrived on the 9th.

Notification that it was still in transit all weekend, today the tracking said it was delayed. I filed a missing case on it on the 9th, now it says that it is enroute to the Detroit distribution center AGAIN! So now I wait for either another update and see what happens next.

I wonder if this will be a repeat of last spring when it took a month to the day for two packages from two different companies to arrive, they went missing also.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post