SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I Did Not Have My Dash Camera Today.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Did Not Have My Dash Camera Today. Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
My wife and I have Garmin combination dash camera / GPS units. They are always on when we are driving. Except today. I drove her car to Costco while she was updating the GPS maps, so the unit was not in the car.

Typical vicious traffic on a Friday afternoon, everybody seems to be in a hurry, gotta get that weekend stuff started right now. I was in a 35 mph zone in a residential area, driving maybe a mile or three over the speed limit. Toyota Camry (white one, you gotta watch out for those) driven by a female millennial in a big hurry comes up behind me at a high rate of velocity. She gets right on my back bumper and starts blasting her horn.

Nope, I'm already slightly over the speed limit, I'm not going to go any faster. I don't need a ticket just because you're in a hurry.

I approach an intersection where there is a left turn lane. She uses the left turn lane as a passing lane, zooms around me while offering a one-finger salute, then when she is in front of me, slams on her brakes.

She's in a big hurry to get someplace important, but she has time to fuck around like this. The one day that I'm driving without a dash camera. Worst part, you are not allowed to shoot them.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ELDER ABUSE!!!!

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
ELDER ABUSE!!!!
Nah, I can't find anybody older than me, to abuse.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
She's in a big hurry to get someplace important, but she has time to fuck around like this.

She's in a hurry to get to the scene of her accident.

Posts: 26903 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
...Worst part, you are not allowed to shoot them.

Follow her, call the cops, maybe they'll take care of her.

If not, shoot her anyway.

I gotta get a dash cam, and a rear-view cam as well!

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
“Nope, I'm already slightly over the speed limit, I'm not going to go any faster. I don't need a ticket just because you're in a hurry.”

My way of looking at it too!

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3110 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
quote:
...Worst part, you are not allowed to shoot them.
Follow her, call the cops, maybe they'll take care of her.

If not, shoot her anyway.
Not allowed. I looked it up again just to make sure, but nope, not allowed. Used to be OK, but George Zimmerman screwed it up for the rest of us.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

posted Hide Post
The only consolation that I can offer is that these are the tide pod eating morons that fall off cliffs while taking selfies and with any luck this will happen to her before she further pollutes the gene pool.

Otherwise, I can only hope that when she is involved in an accident it will be a single car affair involving a concrete pillar at a high rate of speed.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Sometimes I like the idea of having a GAU mounted on the front of my truck.

Posts: 5301 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
My ex drives a white Toyota...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43877 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I pulled out in front of a guy a few months back, at least I think I did because he flew up behind me right after i made the turn and hit his horn.. I was never aware of the car until I heard the horn blow.. we get out on the main road and he throws me the bird... I kind of expected it but then I started thinking... you know if I did what I suspect I did then it was a pure accident I had no idea I was pulling out in front of the guy... and so why is he throwing me the finger for doing something unintentional? That is not 'logical'. When people like the woman described tail gate me... I just slow down to below the posted speed limit and tap my brakes..... that really makes them happy.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
When people like the woman described tail gate me... I just slow down to below the posted speed limit and tap my brakes..... that really makes them happy.
Despite my whining about not being allowed to shoot them, I an NOT going to deliberately do anything that could cause a confrontation when I'm packing heat. Nor is there anything to be gained by descending to their level.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
My ex drives a white Toyota...
She was in Altamonte Springs yesterday?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
I pull over and wave them on. I don’t like having someone behind me who’s driving like an idiot so the quicker they’re off my ass the better. It’s only happened a couple times but it’s definitely a real hoot to come across them pulled over getting a ticket a few miles down the road and know I didn’t spoil the moment for them.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do the same. Slow to a crawl, pull over, let them by. They inevitably speed up again, and that clears the road for me. No worries about police radar so long as they're in sight. Cool

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
I gotta get a dash cam, and a rear-view cam as well!

I've had my cam for two weeks and already think I should've spent extra for a setup with a rear cam.

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sock Eating Golden
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blueye:
Sometimes I like the idea of having a GAU mounted on the front of my truck.

You mean you need to mount a truck to your GAU, correct?

Nick

"I cannot imagine any condition which would cause a ship to founder. I cannot conceive of any vital disaster happening to this vessel. Modern shipbuilding has gone beyond that."
-Capt. Edward Smith

Posts: 5795 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
When people like the woman described tail gate me... I just slow down to below the posted speed limit and tap my brakes..... that really makes them happy.
Despite my whining about not being allowed to shoot them, I an NOT going to deliberately do anything that could cause a confrontation when I'm packing heat. Nor is there anything to be gained by descending to their level.

You are a smart man.

Posts: 4587 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Near my home there is a street I travel frequently that is two lanes with a double yellow line. Not once, but twice, and one of those times with three other cars behind me, I have been passed on this stretch. I was not going slow, I was doing or slightly exceeding the 40 mph speed limit. The road has an unobstructed view at this point, but on the opposite (to my direction of travel) side there are a number of private driveways including a trailer park. I shudder to think what might have happened if somebody had pulled out of one of those driveways at the same time these jerks were passing.

Posts: 27951 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
0 accountability has created this horse shit...
Law applies to everyone else, least that’s what their phone says while they are driving distracted

Posts: 105 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 06, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post