SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Apps crashing on Samsung phone
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apps crashing on Samsung phone Login/Join 
Picture of whododat
posted
In case anyone else is having issues with the apps (crashing/closing) on their Samsung phones, there is an update you need to uninstall to fix the issue. I had a hell of a time until I uninstalled the update:

https://www.theverge.com/2021/...g-fix-system-webview

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1852 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Yep, me since yesterday. I'll check your link

BTW, it isn't all of the apps, just the ones I use most. I fixed most of them be re-installing them but some it won't re-install Mad

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
FYI. Everything went back to normal once I did the uninstall.

Posts: 1852 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
There wasn't a WebView update to install but was able to update the Chrome app and that fixed it. Thanks Whodo

I was close to wiping my phone too, hoping it would fix it

ASSHOLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Yep, I was getting mega PISSED last night when my email started crashing. I didn't realize how much I like having all my email addresses come to 1 inbox until the thing started crashing.

I did a Google search and an article popped up that told me what app to uninstall.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Not a tech guy here but just wanted to clarify, the fix is to uninstall the update on the certain app, NOT to uninstall the app itself. I have no idea what that would do. Did not want to send the wrong message.

Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whododat:
Not a tech guy here but just wanted to clarify, the fix is to uninstall the update on the certain app, NOT to uninstall the app itself. I have no idea what that would do. Did not want to send the wrong message.

Yep, that's what I read when I Googled the problem. I couldn't figure out who to uninstall the update so I uninstalled the app. Luckily I haven't had any issues since.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
what app was crashing, i haven't any issues with s8+ or s10+.

too many problems with chrome for too long.

Posts: 2210 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
And THIS is why 'Auto-Updates' is a NEVER a Good Thing! Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8862 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Android system Webview, whatever that is.

The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Sometimes an update will lose an app because that app is no longer available through the app store. It happened to me when I bought a new phone and tried to transfer my apps to it.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1863 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post