SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Refusal to stand for or respect the flag
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Refusal to stand for or respect the flag Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
What ticks me off more are all of the people who give up on the national anthem after "the home of the free".

They'll start cheering, screaming, and yelling after "free" without waiting for the last line.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My daughter graduated last and I was pleasantly surprised at the behavior of the crowd during the presentation of the colors and the anthem, I do not see anyone sitting and almost everyone seemed to be paying attention

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
What ticks me off more are all of the people who give up on the national anthem after "the home of the free".

They'll start cheering, screaming, and yelling after "free" without waiting for the last line.

I know this is a very innocent typo, but given the subject I can't let it go...

land of the free Razz

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
Went to Texas this weekend for my nephew's HS graduation ceremony, held at UTA's coliseum (graduation was from Keller HS, but nothing closer to hold all the folks).

I was pleasantly surprised when everyone I could see stood for the flag. The JROTC kids did a stellar job on the presentation, and the synchronization between the US flag bearer and the Texas flag bearer was impressive. Later the school superintendent requested that all veterans stand, and we all got a loud round of applause. He then asked that all graduating students who plan to enter the armed forces stand and be recognized, and about 6-8 did so to thunderous applause. I thought to myself, "this country isn't quite dead yet...."

Texans know how to behave.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Palm:
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

I know this is a very innocent typo, but given the subject I can't let it go...

land of the free Razz

Oops. Big Grin

Correct you are. Wink

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Howdy,

We moved from Hawaii to a small town in Hill Country, Texas.

We are impressed by the homes and businesses flying Large American and Texas flags.

Driving from Fredericksburg, I know we are approaching Kerrville because we can see

the Oversize American flag flown by the local GM dealer. Can be seen miles away.

Something not seen in Hawaii.

One of the many reason we love living in small town Texas.

Posts: 1200 | Location: Fredericksburg, Texas | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post