SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Women with random patches of their head shaved.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Women with random patches of their head shaved. Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted

This? This isn’t attractive. It isn’t “badass,” either. That’s the main adjective that kept popping up when I searched for “women partially shaved head” to find a picture example. If you want to look badass, don’t fuck around with a patch out of the sides, that’s following way behind the trend and only makes you look like a try hard, especially if you dye the remainder purple, like this one here:

Be a trend-setter! Shave a big chunk out of the front and center and go for the Waingro. You know, a skullet, not a Skrillex! That would make people think you’re a badass bitch who doesn’t care what people think.

I first encountered this in college, in upstate New York around 2001. A guy I knew had a girlfriend (now a women’s studies professor at UW, where she works across campus from her wife) who, ummm, also had a girlfriend. That girlfriend was one of the super artsy crowd. She was the first one I can recall doing this as a regular thing. She experimented with a number of variations on the theme, but the punchline was that she pretty much always looked like she’d been mauled by an apex predator of some sort. She didn’t look sexy or tough, but it sure set her apart from the crowd as the only female on campus doing so. She may have been part of the trendsetter crowd, because her crowd were some of the first I saw with dudes who wore skinny jeans, makeup and openly professed to being “into fashion.” Those are generally the kinds of guys that dig this look, best I can tell. Them, or the manbun spray tan types. And no, as one friend suggested to me when I pitched him the same rant, Bonnie Rotten hasn’t changed my opinion on the matter (don’t google that at work).

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
In some cases I am into the look.

But even if I wasn't what other people chose to do with their hair, clothes, skin or otherwise really doesn't bother me. I might be upset if a girl I was seriously involved with made some major modification to the above without asking but on strangers I could not possibly care less what they choose to do as long as they don't ask me to pay for any of it.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Mmm, OK man, strange rant, but I'm looking at some cute girls.

Hairstyle doesn't bother me, with the exception of unwashed dreds or anything else that smells like a bus station bathroom.

Frankly, my turn offs are when someone is an awful person. How they look, may or may not factor into how attractive they are.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Oh, I am fully in support of people dressing and styling themselves however they like. I’m not even mad. I just had to finally voice how stupid I think it looks. I was out in tourist land today and noticed how popular this has become.

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
Not my favorite hairstyle, but it works for certain women.

But gotta have the pits and legs shaved too. Cool

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I could live without yoga pants on men. I really don't want to see squashy junk.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Oh, I am fully in support of people dressing and styling themselves however they like. I’m not even mad. I just had to finally voice how stupid I think it looks. I was out in tourist land today and noticed how popular this has become.

It is certainly more fetching than a ring in the nose or lip.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
But often enough, can be found in conjunction with. At least in the Puget Sound area, anyhow.

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Women with random patches of their head shaved.

I don't like it either.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Around here it = SJW.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
Around here it = SJW.

I equate it to the same as man buns and skinny jeans for soyboys. Matches the stupid that would come out of their mouths. I like how easy they have made it to avoid them Razz

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
Around here it = SJW.

Yeah, more or less my experience also.

Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Some women pull it off and some don’t- pretty much like any other hair style.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17246 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Barber-accident becoming a style....I'm guessing some music videos, reality shows or glitterati were involved in the process of people not being embarrassed to go out looking like that?

Sort of like Sinead O'Conner-wannabees shaving their heads for awhile.

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
Some women pull it off and some don’t- pretty much like any other hair style.

This. Depends on how they wear it.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
I have the lower third of my head shaved. My hair is pretty thick anyway and nobody can even tell unless I'm wearing my hair up, and it feels so much better for when I'm exercising.

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
But often enough, can be found in conjunction with. At least in the Puget Sound area, anyhow.

Around Wickenburg, you'd be more likely see a woman (or a man) wearing spurs, rather than any of these piercing fads.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
You think somewhere there’s an EdgyWomensForum.com and they’re over there ranting about our choice in holsters?

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I'm a big fan of freedom.

While I may not find it appealing or attractive, I really give zero fucks of peoples attempts at style or individuality.

At least funky hair isn't permanent like the tats / gauge / piercings.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shaved hair, unnatural colors, aggressive piercings and visible tattoos are very good indicators of a broken and damaged woman. Mother Nature's attempt at warning others of the toxicity that one possesses.

Posts: 337 | Location: Bardstown, Ky | Registered: December 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post