SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Pollen, pollen everywhere...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pollen, pollen everywhere... Login/Join 
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted
The dog and I have been having a sneezing contest. She's got an advantage since her nose is closer to the ground.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Here is Georgia:

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRU-5OQtEoM

Yikes.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

We've had a terrible grass pollen season this spring, after an unusually wet winter. Triple sneezes are not uncommon. I don't usually take Benadryl, but I am this year.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I heard it's so bad, that the meth heads are converting their Methamphetamine back into Sudafed. Big Grin

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
I rode a bicycle 17 miles in one hour yesterday, and the front of it was caked with pollen. Richmond VA area.

Beijing has pollution. Richmond has pollenution.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Almost done here. Live Oaks almost finished with new leaves, pecans leafing out now. Pine tree pollen began in early February which is very early for us.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
I heard it's so bad, that the meth heads are converting their Methamphetamine back into Sudafed. Big Grin

That's because meth is more readily available and you don't need ID. Wink
(just one of my serious pet peeves. You can get in trouble...not by cooking meth, by buying too much decongestant)

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
How grossed out would you be if I reminded you that pollen is basically.... tree semen?

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I had a horrible bout with that crap this year...had nose/throat/respiratory issue for almost 3 full months.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Yup, that time of year. Our Oak trees are almost fully out. Two more weeks I figure.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5035 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dlc444
posted Hide Post
I remember growing up in South Carolina when you could see it coming off the trees like fog. Luckily, it has never affected me.

-.---.----.. -.---.----.. -.---.----..
It seems to me that any law that is not enforced and can't be enforced weakens all other laws.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
This is the heaviest pollen year I remember in a long time. Strangely, I haven't had any allergic reaction to it at all this year.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
It's how trees get even for having such a boring way of reproducing.

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
How grossed out would you be if I reminded you that pollen is basically.... tree semen?

Makes sense to me since Mother Nature fucks me every year.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post