SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Really getting tired of everything being out of stock.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Really getting tired of everything being out of stock. Login/Join 
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
I've been saving my Cabelas points for a new Sage pulse fly rod. finally have enough, go to my wish list and DAMN out of stock on direct ship from Sage.

I've gotten ONE new washer in for stock in the past 6 weeks and sold it within hours of unboxing it. Demand is strong and product is just unavailable. Lots of parts availability issues as well.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Went to go buy some hooks and splitshot to take my two little boys fishing and the fishing supplies aisle at my local Walmart is wiped out, hooks were spotty and virtually no sinkers to be found of any sort. Apparantly everyone goes fishing now. Confused

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I spoke with the owner of a local farm store today,

He has had 400 gas grills on b.o. for 100 days,
Two parts for them can't be obtained ,because of covid .

But they just received an entire shipping container of chest freezers.
He was elated.

He's been in retail for 25 years and claims the last five months have been the most frustrating / challenging , ever.

B.t.w.
Farm King in eastern Iowa and western Illinois has some very good brick and mortar employees working for them.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Appliance Brad:

I've gotten ONE new washer in for stock in the past 6 weeks and sold it within hours of unboxing it. Demand is strong and product is just unavailable. Lots of parts availability issues as well.
The washer that I have hated since the second day that it was in the house, is finally dying. I told my wife that I would not spend as much as thirty-eight cents to fix it.

I went shopping for the Speed Queen model that many folks here on SIGforum recommended. I contacted every retailer in the area that was listed on the Speed Queen website. In all of the area around Orlando there were just two dealers that each had one in stock, one of which was a "scratch and dent" that was selling at full retail price; they were backordered at every other dealer.

I snagged the one that was not "scratch and dent," it is supposed to be delivered this morning.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Bagged concrete and sand, treated lumber and appliances (especially chest freezers) are in very short supply in my area.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sabonim
Picture of Wayniac
posted Hide Post
Johnsonville Stadium Brats are nowhere to be found.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 1438 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I've been looking for a Trek Domane SL6 road bike in size 52 for the past few weeks now. Not exactly a cheap bike for $3300 yet everyone is out of them.

The big retail bikes for $99 are all gone and even bikes up to $4k are gone. Ridiculous!

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wayniac:
Johnsonville Stadium Brats are nowhere to be found.

Don't forget them Claussen hearty garlic pickles can't be found ANYWHERE!

Eek

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Schwan's Ice Cream delivery guy was by today. He said some of the popsicle treats aren't being made at all because Schwan's can't get the wooden sticks for them.

I thought he was yanking my chain, but maybe not.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123xBig Grinon't forget them Claussen hearty garlic pickles can't be found ANYWHERE!

Eek

That sounds like bad breath waiting to happen.

Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
In my industry, cycling and running, most factories were shut down for between 6 weeks and 3 months. And when I say shut down, I mean doors locked and lights off.

Then, when they did reopen, it was at a lessor capacity then normal. Maybe it was due to social distancing requirements. Maybe it was other factors.

One of my companies has a factory in El Salvador. They were allowed to reopen just a few weeks ago, at below 50%, but the public transportation is still shut down. So this company had to charter 17 buses to transport workers back and forth to work each day.

Couple all those factory shut downs with increased demand, and that leaves us where we are today.

Posts: 2280 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:

Don't forget them Claussen hearty garlic pickles can't be found ANYWHERE!
That sounds like bad breath waiting to happen.
Hey, that's Jimmy you're talking about. Don't insult him like that. Be nice!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I like garlic and I like pickles. Not sure if I like those together. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Yeah, just about everything I have tried to buy is out of stock. Deck boards are rare.
Some paneling my son wanted for his garage was in such short supply, going to two different towns, could not supply the amount needed.
I tried to buy a tractor. They did not have the right tires I want on it. Still waiting after a month. They did not have the implements I want either, waiting on those.
My son had to wait a month for the garage doors he wanted. I have some windows on order and have no idea when they will get those.
I wanted a breaker box and cannot get that locally and they have no idea when they can get it.(and do not care either). On and on...0

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Wood fence pickets are unobtainium around here right now, unless you want cedar.

Now I wish I hadn't given my leftovers away just before moving.

My new house butts up on an older property with an existing fence whose pickets are starting to deteriorate. And of course, the pickets are on my side, so it's my responsibility.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RogueJSK,

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Okay, now I'm pissed. I love Braunschweiger sandwiches and I can't find any around here. How weird is that. A run on Braunschweiger of all things. Geesh!! Red Face

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
"A run" means that consumers are over-buying, like the run on toilet paper at the start of all this.

What we're seeing is the opposite problem. The issue now is that these items are being under-produced, due to a lack of raw materials, factory shutdowns, employees not returning to work, companies prioritizing other products, etc.

The supply chain has broken down.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Also ran into this issue when buying a new lawnmower last week.

I wanted a Honda HRX with the Hydrostatic transmission. (HRX217HYA)

But Honda apparently isn't producing those currently, having prioritized other models for their current limited production capacity. And old stock is sold out everywhere. The local Honda dealers said that they have received no word on when they'll resume production on this line.

So I had to settle for a standard transmission (HRX217VYA), which is still being produced.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by jrhillma:
We're just in to a kitchen remodel. Not worried about furniture and haven't heard of any appliance shortages. Will be a boatload of suckage if true.

According to my friend who's a house builder, finishing materials are getting to be in short supply, including stuff like fixtures (sinks, faucets, light sconces, towel bars, etc.), interior finishing materials like tile and flooring, as well as exterior finishing materials like fencing and gutters.

If you don't have your materials already, I'd be sure to snag them now, even if you won't need them for a little while.
My son is a developer and has about 7 houses under construction right now in addition to some commercial jobs . He is catching hell getting materials right now . Lead times are long .

Posts: 3970 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
A run on Braunschweiger of all things. Geesh!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I hear Milwaukee has plenty. I grew up in an ethnic neighborhood in Chicago with several pastry shops,a corner grocery and several delicatessans. They always held back the good stuff for their regular customers. Never ran out of liver sausage, blood sausage or braunschweiger and good pickles. Also had premium horseradish.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post