SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Really getting tired of everything being out of stock.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Really getting tired of everything being out of stock. Login/Join 
Be Careful What You Wish For...
Picture of Monk
posted
It's time for the manufacturers to pick it up and for folks to stop buying shit.

Georgeair: "...looking around my house this morning, it's not easily defended for long by two people in the event of real anarchy. The entryways might be slick for the latecomers though...."

Posts: 11865 | Location: Hoisting the colors in a strange land | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I mentioned to someone that most shelves are either half full or half empty. Our local Honda, VW, Ford and Toyota stores are displaying a lot of blacktop. Firearms are pretty much gone. Lots of grocery products are missing from shelves.

My guess is this is only going to get worse until the KungFlu is forgotten.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Try stocking a new house in the midst of all this...

Most furniture is backordered indefinitely.

Many electronics and kitchen appliances are out of stock.

Even simple things like baking sheets and measuring cups have spotty availability.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
I'd just like to replenish some of the ammo I've shot up over the last couple months. Not asking for much, just a few cases.....

Posts: 3653 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

Most furniture is backordered indefinitely.

Dang, hate seeing this, fixing to throw out our living room stuff tomorrow. Moving north and this worn out furniture isn't worth loading on the truck. Frown

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1925 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Went by Old Time Pottery the other day.
The pottery section was almost empty... strange.

They were putting out Halloween decorations... Roll Eyes

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4117 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soflaac:

Dang, hate seeing this, fixing to throw out our living room stuff tomorrow. Moving north and this worn out furniture isn't worth loading on the truck. Frown

We're just in to a kitchen remodel. Not worried about furniture and haven't heard of any appliance shortages. Will be a boatload of suckage if true.

Posts: 55 | Registered: July 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Someone ripped out breakers in one of our client's vacant residential lease listings. Apparently, there's a shortage of electrical breakers.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Someone said on the forum buy a lot when it's available. I'm not trying to be an ass.

Posts: 1546 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It IS getting OLD. I've been seeing it in my business. It seems like everything takes twice as much effort to accomplish the same thing.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marlin Fan:
Someone said on the forum buy a lot when it's available. I'm not trying to be an ass.

Well yeah, but then when it's not available one's own stock tends to get depleted.

I've enough to keep going for a while, but I'd like to be able to restock, too.

Posts: 3653 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Add me to the list. I'm having a little trouble understanding the logic behind some of the shortages.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15180 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not hard if you think about it. My area ran out of pineapple for several weeks, because Hawaii was locked down. Many appliances are in short supply because they or their components are from China. Some ammo is made in Mexico. Some factories are in areas that were locked down, increasing demand on other factories. Factories had to increase production, either having to staff up or pay overtime. The transportation system was clogged up because stores were closed, and some truckers would not go thru certain areas.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
I blame a lot of it on the government as well. Many businesses still can't open, and the ones that do have to operate under such restriction that they are no where near capacity.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3509 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:
I'd just like to replenish some of the ammo I've shot up over the last couple months. Not asking for much, just a few cases.....

GunBroker has 9mm SELLING for $500 and 5.56 Federal for $700 a case. Mad Eek This is unbelieveabe. I have a small supply of the main calibers for my customers but once that is exhausted I will sit it out.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Many businesses cannot get employees to come back to work - entry level labor making 800 week on unemployment and another round of stimulus on the way. This is significantly diminishing any chance of a sound recovery.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jrhillma:
We're just in to a kitchen remodel. Not worried about furniture and haven't heard of any appliance shortages. Will be a boatload of suckage if true.

According to my friend who's a house builder, finishing materials are getting to be in short supply, including stuff like fixtures (sinks, faucets, light sconces, towel bars, etc.), interior finishing materials like tile and flooring, as well as exterior finishing materials like fencing and gutters.

If you don't have your materials already, I'd be sure to snag them now, even if you won't need them for a little while.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
Many businesses cannot get employees to come back to work

Yep. This is apparently what the furniture manufacturers in particular are struggling with. They shut down for a period of time, so they got behind. And even now that most of them have reopened, a decent chunk of their workers didn't return so they're having to hire and train all new workers, which is putting them even further behind.

Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I just learned new jet skis can’t be found and used ones are selling at a premium

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jimmy Johns by my work doesn’t have any Italian meats....really, ham & turkey... yawn.

Posts: 199 | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post