SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Really getting tired of everything being out of stock.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Really getting tired of everything being out of stock. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Appliance Brad:
I've been saving my Cabelas points for a new Sage pulse fly rod. finally have enough, go to my wish list and DAMN out of stock on direct ship from Sage.

I've gotten ONE new washer in for stock in the past 6 weeks and sold it within hours of unboxing it. Demand is strong and product is just unavailable. Lots of parts availability issues as well.

That's the problem. It only takes one supplier to be out of stock of one part, and the washers can't be assembled and sold......It's happening a lot with a lot of different items due to China being shut down for a period of time, then Italy being shut down for a period of time, then U.S........Doesn't help that a lot of these manufacturers went to Just in Time inventory......one hiccup and they're assembly line is shut down.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:

Don't forget them Claussen hearty garlic pickles can't be found ANYWHERE!
That sounds like bad breath waiting to happen.
Hey, that's Jimmy you're talking about. Don't insult him like that. Be nice!

You just can't help yourself, can you?

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:

Don't forget them Claussen hearty garlic pickles can't be found ANYWHERE!
That sounds like bad breath waiting to happen.
Hey, that's Jimmy you're talking about. Don't insult him like that. Be nice!
WHAT DID I TELL YOU?

What did I say to you on the morning on 7/31? And what did you say to me in response? And here I see you defying my directive, and when I look at that other thread, I see you still posting in it.

You know what I asked you to do and you know you're not doing it.

First thing- you are hereby directed to never again address jimmy or post in any thread he creates or make comments about him to any other forum member. Do not ever again mention his name or even allude to him in the vaguest of terms.

Lastly- to let you know I am serious, you can spend the next seven days on Moderated Status, and don't you ever again defy my directives in this forum.

Posts: 107459 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
I know... I just miss shopping and finding deals. I don't even buy that much. I expect this will go on till next fall at least. Nothing in stock and no good deals. {s}

Only thing I have to look forward to is a qaurter of beef this fall

Posts: 7795 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
V-Tail, I'm removing your moderated status. I took a second look at the time stamps and you made your comment before my directive. My apologies.

Jimmy, why did you bring this up three days after I addressed this? In doing so, you helped me make a mistake in disciplining a member who hadn't defied me as I was led to believe. It's my mistake, but you helped me along. Be cool. Leave it alone. If you have a problem with anyone, use the report-this-post function, just as I've asked others to do.

Thanks to Excam_Man for pointing this out.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
V-Tail, I'm removing your moderated status. I took a second look at the time stamps and you made your comment before my directive. My apologies.

Jimmy, why did you bring this up three days after I addressed this? In doing so, you helped me make a mistake in disciplining a member who hadn't defied me as I was led to believe. It's my mistake, but you helped me along. Be cool. Leave it alone. If you have a problem with anyone, use the report-this-post function, just as I've asked others to do.

Thanks to Excam_Man for pointing this out.

Sorry, I didn't notice the time stamp either when I saw it.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Just make sure you remember what I said- no more bickering in the open forum. If you have a problem, use the reporting tool to contact me.

Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
It seems as if lumber is in short supply, at least in my area.

I want to build a nice potting bench so I don't need a lot of wood, but a trip to the 2 big box stores that sell lumber reveals a lot of empty space. Much of what's left is twisted, bent, warped, cracked, just undesirable.

I've managed to get enough of decent enough lumber for my needs but it took visiting several stores to get it.

Posts: 11836 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
For the first time ever, the pH readings around my tomatoes and peppers are high instead of low. I’m also getting some BER in my roma tomatoes. Easy fix, just do a gypsum slurry instead of a lime slurry and it’ll cure both.

Amazon wants nearly 3x normal price for gypsum. Ace Hardware, Lowe’s, Home Depot, a fancy mom and Pop Garden Center are all out. I stopped at this awful chain nursery (infamous for horrible service and nobody speaking English) and I surprisingly found it at a near normal price. It shouldn’t be this hard to get gypsum.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23194 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
You know I hear people say don't buy products from China. Great. But lets say I want a widget. Try to find one that isn't made in China. For that matter try to find one period.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
My latest on this subject is gun related, so I should have known better?

I noticed the aluminum hand guard on my CMMG PCC was heating up a lot while shooting it, to the point of having to wear a glove. The hand guard is not a standard one, so while commenting on it to my local gun pusher, er shop, he said why not just put mlok rail covers on it? Genius, except you can't find mlok rail covers anywhere, for any price. Ammo, I get. Even handguns and rifles. But accessories like this??

Posts: 1500 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
We have a bunch of tomatoes to can. Canning lids are usually difficult to find this time of year, so last year I told my wife to wait till dec or jan and buy a ton. She didn't do it. Now they're not just difficult to find....they're impossible. Stores just don't have them, and amazon is selling them for $1/lid!!! Eek Thankfully some friends and family hooked us up and we got the canning done... but its getting hard to predict what items are going to be unobtanium next week or next month around here.

Posts: 8528 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was in the local grocery store yesterday and they had plenty of lids and bands .
Toilet paper too . Big Grin

Posts: 4044 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Trying to buy disinfectant spray for the kitchen. Hard to find on prime. One comment caught my eye: of the 1000 things listed that the spray kills, some idiot complaining that COVID is not listed. Never mind that 99% of the things killed are probably more robust than COVID. Or that the label was probably written before COVID. Or that the COVID is considered relatively fragile outside of a host. My head hurts with all the idiocy around me.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12712 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I use Hardy cloth gloves with the latex coating on the palms and fingers while at work. It makes handling packages much easier. But the local Harbor Freight has been out of stock since the flu crisis hit. I don't even understand why, since they're cloth gloves! They're not going to do squat to protect you from the virus.

I had to order them from Amazon at four times the cost.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18022 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Trying to buy disinfectant spray for the kitchen. Hard to find on prime. One comment caught my eye: of the 1000 things listed that the spray kills, some idiot complaining that COVID is not listed. Never mind that 99% of the things killed are probably more robust than COVID. Or that the label was probably written before COVID. Or that the COVID is considered relatively fragile outside of a host. My head hurts with all the idiocy around me.

All you need is bleach and water in a spray bottle. I think it’s 1/3 cup bleach to 1 gallon of water.

Seriously, you don’t need all this store bought crap.

Posts: 33749 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My son is a builder / developer . He's having hell getting materials for the houses he has under construction .

Posts: 4044 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
If you need canning supplies, ULine has them. Legit stuff, not the Chinese crap that half of the Amazon listings have. Wife ordered Sunday of last week and got her stuff Wednesday.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised there's no Spam on the shelves. There's some Spam lite or something- It's Spam is there anything lite about it?

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Was in my favorite local tool store, yesterday, looking for a special-purpose tool. Talking to one of the sales people as we were walking back up to the counter I remarked about their bare shelves. She said they'd been having trouble getting stock. Apparently one of the big problems is the truckers' unions have their drivers refusing to travel to or through violence-prone areas.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post