SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Northam wants VA to be CA east
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Northam wants VA to be CA east Login/Join 
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Things are going pretty well so far, but it's important to keep on top of things.
Status of bills:
http://www2.vcdl.org/webapps/vcdl/2019leg.html

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't think Virginia residents who live outside the Northern Virginia area realize just how bad things are in this state.

I live in NoVA. Believe me, there are highrise apartment buildings going up everywhere around here. I can assure that the people moving into these buildings are not gun loving conservatives.

The bulk of the population has shifted. Virginia is now just a suburb of Washington D.C. just like New Jersey is just a suburb of New York City and New Hampshire is just a suburb of Boston.

Posts: 6608 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
Yep...for now. As damnyankee carpetbaggers pour into NOVA like water over Niagara Falls Frown

And then they spill over to this end of the state... eesh.

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
All of the gun control bills have been killed. But they'll try again next year.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:

And we can thank the VCDL for that!

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
quote:

Not much of a joiner but thinking about joining VCDL

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Broadside:
I don't think Virginia residents who live outside the Northern Virginia area realize just how bad things are in this state.

I live in NoVA. Believe me, there are highrise apartment buildings going up everywhere around here. I can assure that the people moving into these buildings are not gun loving conservatives.

The bulk of the population has shifted. Virginia is now just a suburb of Washington D.C. just like New Jersey is just a suburb of New York City and New Hampshire is just a suburb of Boston.

Sadly, all to true! I live just south of Manassas, and every time I go into town I see yet another high rise complex being built! And the somewhat puzzling part is that as soon as they open for occupancy they are filled up! Not to mention that a fairly large portion of those residents seem to be Hispanic. And the fitness place where I work out is over run with them, all day!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
quote:
quote:

Yeah, me, too.

Contact point to check into joining?

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

www.vcdl.org

$25 for one year and it’s a bargain for how hard they fight for our state level 2nd amendment issues.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

www.vcdl.org

$25 for one year and it’s a bargain for how hard they fight for our state level 2nd amendment issues.

I’ve been a member of VCDL for 17 years.

Please consider contributing to their Political Action Committee also.

If you want to know more about them before joining, you can sign up for their e-mail alerts for free. If you decide you don’t like it just opt out and they will quickly remove you.

In addition to be 2A advocates they also privacy advocates. So they aren’t going to sell or mis-use your information.

Of course I the real strength of VCDL isn’t just from the number of members they have but from the activism of its members. So please don’t just join. Become active.

Posts: 6608 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Well said sir. You’re 110% correct.

Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
I need to join also. Thanks for the good info.

Unfortunately, in a lot of ways NOVA has become

the tail that wags the dog for the rest of the

state.

Posts: 1215 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As population density rises, rational thought appears to decline. NOVA, Richmond and Tidewater areas have the numbers to overwhelm the rest of the state, perhaps for the foreseeable future. Yuk!

Posts: 1313 | Location: Gainesville, VA | Registered: February 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post