SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Driving in the rain
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Driving in the rain Login/Join 
Snackologist
Picture of BigJoe
posted Hide Post
IDK.....I have driven in the pouring rain and have appreciated those on the road with blinking lights. It probably kept me from following them to closely. In reality, they should get off the road.No big deal for me

...You, higher mammal. Can you read?
....There's nothing sexier than a well worn, functional Sig!

Posts: 14009 | Location: WV | Registered: January 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
List of States Driving with your Flashers on laws

Confusion on the law is easily explained, lots of states allow, many don't.

Most northern states allow it, most southern states don't, example New York, Connecticut, New Jersey, Michigan, and my favorite,

Ohio, where Hazard light use is not permitted while driving except when a hazardous condition is present.

Explains a lot about Ohio drivers...

Anyway It's not Legal in FL, but we get tons of people from the above listed states, especially in the Winter, when they leave their nests and come here in search of heat, sand, shuffle board, rocking chairs and low taxes..

That's probably why you find a lotta folk in FL in the rain illegally running flashers, since they can back where they are from.

Posts: 23381 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
Serious question to which I don't know the answer:

I realize it's legal to drive with your flashers on, but why? What is the issue?

There's been numerous times I haven't been able to see the cars in front of me in the rain even with their taillights on. Their taillights just aren't bright enough. I've never had trouble seeing people with their flashers on.

The on/off operation effects other drivers vision (strobe effect).
A true hazard...

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J387
posted Hide Post
Shit gets real in the rain quick. I think the main problem is people can’t see out their windshield because they dont change their damn wipers!

Even the Losers Get Lucky Sometimes

Posts: 406 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I travel the interstate daily 130+ miles. I always drive with my headlights on. Not driving lights...the real deal...full lights on. Always lets people know where I am. I dislike those that run the driving lights due to the lack of tail lights. I also enjoy the benefits of using RainX on my windshield. I love cruising down the road with an almost clear windshield without having my wipers on at all. You must reapply it every few months but is worth it in my opinon. Only use it on the front...it has bad effects on the sides and back from my experience.

Time takes time.

Posts: 84 | Registered: August 20, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:
1. Drive carefully, not fearfully.
2. Turn off your damned hazard lights. Headlights on, hazards off. Where did you even learn to do that?

Spot frickin' on!

I wish these overly timid souls would: A) Get out of the damn passing lane and B) just pull the fuck over until the 'scary' rain stopped.

Driving around with their four-way flashers going, makes me shake my head.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post