SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I Don’t know what this is (garage related) HELP
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Don’t know what this is (garage related) HELP Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by leonidas211:
But if you need to lock the door. What would you do?

That comment about taking it off and figuring out why it went on was not lost on me......

Put c-clamps inside the rails and outside. I have a short piece of logging chain with hooks on each end that does the job too.

Posts: 17881 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Looks like a screw

...to me. Confused

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Our doors that have the closure slide, have a hole in them. I use a small carabiner in the hole to prevent accidentally locking the door when it would be a bad idea, and this easily allows me to lock the door manually when (in rare circumstances) it is necessary.

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tdp113530:
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Posts: 203 | Registered: August 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Sapper Steel, just wanted to let you know I'm sitting here with tears running down my cheeks from laughing so hard.

The best part is, it is absolutely, unquestionably true...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15210 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KurtZ66
posted Hide Post
When we moved in to our current house, we had some work done on the garage doors and openers. The service guy explained that he was required to disable the locks, not sure if by company policy or local code. He said if I wanted to re-install them after he left, I was free to do so. He actually loosened the lock, swung it down to the vertical position to disengage and re-tightened the unit. Looks like that screw through the bolt accomplishes the same thing.

A quick Google search resulted in this: https://www.naturalhandyman.co...agaragedoorlock.html

‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’

— Thomas Jefferson's "Commonplace Book," 1774-1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764

Posts: 413 | Location: GA | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
looks like 4 circles with a sharpie, little bit of lacquer thinner and it should wipe right off.

Posts: 5587 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by leonidas211:
[QUOTE]
I’m not handy. But I can assure you. It won’t back out. I’ve tried eveything.

Lefty loosey, righty tighty.

The bolt head looks to be in good shape. Hmm.

P229

Posts: 3823 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post