SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    More Hints from Heloise
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More Hints from Heloise Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted
When grinding up and bottling your own homegrown cayenne pepper, make sure you wash your hands really good afterwards. And, whatever you do, don't try to dig out a booger before you do so.

I wasn't aware that a person's eyes could water quite that much.

Wow.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Should put those shooting glasses on first.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Related tip:
Don't scratch your nutz after applying Ben-Gay.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
See, those inexpensive nitrile gloves from costco or Harbor Freight come in handy!

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No worries!
Picture of Chach
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Related tip:
Don't scratch your nutz after applying Ben-Gay.

I was about to say, also make sure to wash your hands before going to the restroom as well.

Posts: 3188 | Location: NorCal - Sac | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Sorta like teenagers, that's one hint that everybody as to learn by doing.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15209 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I've done similar, but it was a couple hours after cutting jalapeños that I took my contacts out; only resulted in a slight discomfort.

The next morning, when I put them back in, after they'd been marinating in the capsaicin all night Eek

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15285 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Heloise sez: Don't shred Horseradish in a small enclosed room.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
Heloise sez: Don't shred Horseradish in a small enclosed room.

I did that once too. Vinegar is the key there.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves. "

Will Rogers

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
I've done similar, but it was a couple hours after cutting jalapeños that I took my contacts out; only resulted in a slight discomfort.

The next morning, when I put them back in, after they'd been marinating in the capsaicin all night Eek

I did the exact same thing. Not fun.

Posts: 7349 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
quote:

My eye snapped shut so hard, it was a struggle to get the lens out.
Then, foolishly, I tried to rinse it & put it in again Eek
Made the 8 hour drive home from our ranch in my glasses. Lesson learned.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15285 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
When making Pico de guy oh don't get it in your eye oh or it will make you cry oh.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
When done conducting business at the urinal, be sure to properly stow your equipment before engaging the zipper on your trousers.

I thought I learned this lesson long ago, but in my haste I forgot. I do not think I will forget a second time. Eek

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6395 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
quote:

My eye snapped shut so hard, it was a struggle to get the lens out.
Then, foolishly, I tried to rinse it & put it in again Eek
Made the 8 hour drive home from our ranch in my glasses. Lesson learned.

I just sat and rocked back and forth on the floor for a half hour until it stopped hurting. I'd completely forgotten that I'd made stuffed jalapenos the night before.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3349 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post