SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Uber can bite me!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Uber can bite me! Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
Had to open an Uber account to get to work on Sunday night. Since then multiple trips have been booked on my account in Fort Worth and San Francisco for several hundred dollars. The fare is usually $2 with a $58 tip.

Do you know how frustrating it is to get a text alert that Barry in a red Ford Escape is 2 minutes away from your location in Fort Worth and after replying that I'm not in Fort Worth and I did not request a ride to get an automated response of, "Hello, we don't monitor responses on this number."? Barry you bastard! Turn the hell around!

Uber has been more useless than Hillary Clinton at an NRA convention in resolving the matter. There's no real person in customer service, just endless e-mails and text messages with apologies but no effort at resolution.

So the fraudulent charges have been reported to my bank. Card has been cancelled and a new one issued, Uber can bite me.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11760 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
that sucks. apple or android?

I've had zero issues with Uber, although i prefer Lyft when available.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Android. I'm beginning to think Uber may be the biggest case of vehicular fraud since Chappaquiddick.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11760 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I never tire of telling people how crooked Uber and its drivers are. Use Lyft, instead! If that’s not available, take a taxi.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18022 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbramlett:
I've had zero issues with Uber, although i prefer Lyft when available.
This. Zero drama either way. And we book work trips to the company account, so this kind of thing wouldn't really concern me either. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Novice Elk Harvester
Picture of ronnied316
posted Hide Post
I approve of this rant.

Stupid fucking Uber has cancelled multiple rides after waiting 15 plus minutes for them to arrive. This has occurred so much recently, that I deleted their fancy app and now use Lyft exclusively.

Fuck you Uber!

"SUCCESS only comes before WORK in the dictionary"

Posts: 412 | Location: Kitsap Peninsula, WA | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
While I have never had Uber issue (and use it often) I have heard so much ‘good’ about Lyft that I am considering making the switch.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12315 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I’ve rode a lot with Uber. Never had an issue. Your account got hacked. Notify Uber and change your password.

I started using Lyft more often now as the pricing tends to be better and drivers tend to prefer Lyft to Uber (many drive for both). I usually check rates on both apps.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That sucks. I’ve had one issue and it was taken care of within an hour. I switch between Uber and Lyft depending on which is cheaper for each ride unless I’m on a random discount week.

Posts: 4277 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Never heard of Lyft before, until reading this thread. So, did a little research, and the local reviews were almost 1 star (out of 5). Eek

I've used Uber several times here in H-town, and no problems so far. Knock on wood.

Q

Posts: 26322 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It depends on the city you are in. In Nashville I like Lyft. On a recent trip to NYC I used Lyft about 10 times & Uber once. Got scammed by the Uber driver. I did notice one driver had both Uber & Lyft signs. I asked him & was told "I drive for both Uber & Lyft".

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4263 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve used both of them several times while visiting Vegas and had pretty good luck with both. Probably 2 years ago I was at a friends house here in town and felt like I had 1 too many drinks while watching football so I ordered an Uber to get home. “Your ride is 7 minutes away” sooo 45 minutes later I cancelled that ride because it never showed up and ordered a Lyft and they were there in 5 minutes. Got charged for the cancelled Uber ride, but it was fairly easy to dispute with Uber just had to click a button saying driver never arrived and they refunded my money.

Posts: 1301 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anush:
It depends on the city you are in. In Nashville I like Lyft. On a recent trip to NYC I used Lyft about 10 times & Uber once. Got scammed by the Uber driver. I did notice one driver had both Uber & Lyft signs. I asked him & was told "I drive for both Uber & Lyft".
I'm pretty sure that is legit. These drivers are independent contractors, not employees, and as far as I know, they are not required to sign an "exclusive service" contract.

I could be wrong, that actually happened once.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30639 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
I'm pretty sure that is legit. These drivers are independent contractors, not employees, and as far as I know, they are not required to sign an "exclusive service" contract.

I could be wrong, that actually happened once.

I use Uber almost exclusively. It always works perfectly for me. That said, I would say at least 50% of the Uber drivers I've ridden with drive for Lyft too.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I've never had an issue with either one but I've been using Lyft more now because they seem to take less of a cut than Uber. Service and price is about the same for both where I'm at.

Posts: 13086 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
I've used Uber several times here in H-town, and no problems so far. Knock on wood.
You're lucky then.

A couple months back, I had 3 business trips in 6 weeks and took Uber to the airport for all 3. 4 out of 6 legs, the driver refused to get on the Hardy Toll Road (i.e. the route I agreed to when I clicked to book) and instead wound down city streets parallel to the Hardy. Every one of them had a toll tag on windshield too. Turning 25 minute drives into 45 to 60 minutes would normally just be an annoyance, but one return trip my back was killing me and taking his roundabout route meant the chiropractor closed and I suffered an additional 16 hours. I've complained to Uber and was jerked around through endless e-mails (the person responding obviously has never read the previous e-mails in the chain), and ultimately they say it didn't cost me any money.

It's rather short sighted on the driver's part as they're pocketing $2 or $3 in tolls but doubling the amount of time trips take meaning they can't take as many trips.

The last trip, I registered for Lyft while riding in the back seat of the Uber and plan to try Lyft for future trips to the airport.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23199 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Used Lyft several times in Vegas and always had a good experience. Several drivers commented that they started with Uber but were treated like shit and switched to Lyft.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I've never had trouble with Uber, but I haven't used it that much.

Maybe I'll try Lyft.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53120 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Many drivers drive for both to give themselves the chance to make more money.

Posts: 4277 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
You're lucky then.

A couple months back, I had 3 business trips in 6 weeks and took Uber to the airport for all 3. 4 out of 6 legs, the driver refused to get on the Hardy Toll Road (i.e. the route I agreed to when I clicked to book) and instead wound down city streets parallel to the Hardy. Every one of them had a toll tag on windshield too. Turning 25 minute drives into 45 to 60 minutes would normally just be an annoyance, but one return trip my back was killing me and taking his roundabout route meant the chiropractor closed and I suffered an additional 16 hours. I've complained to Uber and was jerked around through endless e-mails (the person responding obviously has never read the previous e-mails in the chain), and ultimately they say it didn't cost me any money.

It's rather short sighted on the driver's part as they're pocketing $2 or $3 in tolls but doubling the amount of time trips take meaning they can't take as many trips.

The last trip, I registered for Lyft while riding in the back seat of the Uber and plan to try Lyft for future trips to the airport.

Refusing to use the toll roads is bizarre.
The passenger gets charged for the tolls, so it's a wash to the driver.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15254 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post