SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Perky Pet bird feeders is on my no fly list
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Perky Pet bird feeders is on my no fly list Login/Join 
posted
We got a nice squirrel resistant feeder as a gift , and it worked well , so we went and purchased another,

but less that three years goes by and on breaks
, making it useless as a feeder.

When I call to buy the part , the lady says that they don't sell parts anymore.

Eek
$55.00 for a nice feeder and they refuse to sell you parts !
Mad

They have the parts on hand , as thats where they assemble the feeders.

but refuse to send them out to their customers.

Thats B.S. in my book. Shame on you Perky Pet

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You could go to Amazon, find the feeder and post your complaint in a review.

Posts: 2538 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
good idea

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ditto their hummingbird feeders. I'd have gladly bought new plastic bases to replace the worn out ones, but Perky Pets no longer sells them as replacement parts... so I bought knock-off bases from their competitors.

The money went to somebody else entirely because they wanted to sell whole units rather than parts.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow , oh wow ,
I am now where near this devious.
from an e-mail:

" Buy the same model at __________, keep the receipt
take it home and replace the broken part from the old one with the new one in the box.

fix your old feeder and return the "bad new one" one to the store , for a refund.

They will ship the bad one back to Perky pet for a credit." Eek

I I would have never thought of that.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by senza nome:
You could go to Amazon, find the feeder and post your complaint in a review.

turns out I did go do that, and someone else was bitching about the same problem with the same feeder

Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Heard an interview on NPR about fake items from China on Amazon - shoes, designer purses, designer anything, etc.

A woman they were talking with was with some major U.S. bird feeder manufacturer with a lifetime warranty. People were returning the item for a new one when something goes wrong, but the company determined it's not their product. Fakes being sold on Amazon.

The consumer thinks they are not honoring their warranty.

Bottom Line - the company no longer offers the warranty.

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post