SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Tears of Joy, Tears of Sadness Today, Both Law Related.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tears of Joy, Tears of Sadness Today, Both Law Related. Login/Join 
posted
As the thread title implies, it was a happy and sad day today. I was having tears of joy (figuratively, mostly) for the Judge (now Justice) Kavanaugh confirmation, but just about an hour later I was have tears of sadness (literally) for the death of someone I knew.

The deceased lived around the corner from our church. Although he didn't attend, he always came over and helped out if we had anything going on outside. In early September, he went to investigate a car wreck that happened at the RR crossing about a block away from his home and the church.

He was trying to be a good samaritan, but unfortunately the occupants of the car were fleeing the law. The driver demanded the good samaritan's cell phone, and when it wasn't surrendered, commenced to stab the good samaritan numerous times with a hunting knife with a 7 inch blade. They escaped the scene and were caught a few miles away. Someone else came on the scene and got medical attention to the good samaritan.

The kicker here is that the 32 YO assailant was an ex-con, who had just been bailed out of jail 2 days earlier on a burglary charge (WTF?), but decided he wanted to rob some friends with his 16 YO boy "friend". That's where they were running from when they wrecked.

Our friend lingered for 5 weeks and passed away last night. The local DA is now looking to put Capital Murder charges on the assailant and his friend, who will be tried an as adult.

Sorry for the long story.

Posts: 489 | Location: Middle Alabama | Registered: February 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those five weeks must have been awful for him. My condolences.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sound and Fury
Picture of Dallas239
posted Hide Post
Very sorry for the loss of your friend. Frown

"I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace, a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here." -- Ronald Reagan, Farewell Address, Jan. 11, 1989

Si vis pacem para bellum
There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
Feeding Trolls Since 1995

Posts: 18039 | Registered: February 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post