SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Duracell Crap Batteries
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Duracell Crap Batteries Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Question: Are lithium batteries more leak-resistant than alkaline?

Yes, they cost more, but if they don't leak, and last longer, they might well be worth the cost.

Lithium batteries don't leak. Well worth the extra cost in any electronic that you give even half a damn about.

I use lithium batteries almost exclusively now.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lithium or Eneloop in everything now. I needed a battery for my Surefire Xc-1 for a class a while back before I switched to no alkaline batteries. Forgot about it and sure enough it leaked and destroyed the light. Filed a claim with duracell online. Eventually sent the light in at their request and received a check for full value of replacement cost. Lesson learned and you can always file a claim and see if they will cover it. You'll need information from the battery and a lot of back & forth in email but it works. Takes a bit if time though.

Posts: 324 | Location: GA | Registered: August 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same here - either lithium or Eneloops (rechargeable) in everything that takes them. Even have rechargeable CR123 batteries for a couple of lights.

Posts: 4976 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I’ve had several instances of Duracell AA batteries leaking in the package they came in. Unused and well before the date on the side. I think Duracells are the worst alkaline batteries I’ve used over the past 4-5 years. Worse even than the crap from Dollar General. I won’t buy Duracells any more.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I have had Duracells leak, but others too. I haven't noticed one kind more prone to it than others.

Duracell did send me money to replace a camera flash unit that batteries leaked in, and those were over their use-by date.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
I've been using Duracell Quantum batteries without any leaking. Maybe they're better?

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I'm still trying to figure out why I didn't buy those Eneloops from Costco sooner. Spent a ton on the Duracells from there.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
So where is a good place to buy these Eneloops?

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here are some Eneloops on Amazon

Posts: 2358 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
I used to swear by Duracell... now I swear AT them for the exact reason you posted! Way too many of them have leaked in the past several years and messed up my electronic gear... from hearing protection to camera flash units.

From this point forward I only purchase Energizer batteries, and so far without any problems!

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4551 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a run of ones that leaked (AA and AAA) for about 2 years, up until a year ago.…...The current ones seem to be leak free and good.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:
I used to swear by Duracell... now I swear AT them for the exact reason you posted! Way too many of them have leaked in the past several years and messed up my electronic gear... from hearing protection to camera flash units.

From this point forward I only purchase Energizer batteries, and so far without any problems!

Same experience here.
A couple weeks ago I had to clean up a Fluke temperature/humidity meter. Mad

What's the procedure to make a claim with Duracell?

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Kirkland batteries are Duracell.

Can't wait to use up all mine. There are so many good brands out there on little-known websites. I'll be searching for made in Japan items soon.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I use lithium batteries almost exclusively now.

Same here. But I use the Eneloop Pros in my Apple mouse and trackpad.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
quote:

Same experience here.
A couple weeks ago I had to clean up a Fluke temperature/humidity meter. Mad

What's the procedure to make a claim with Duracell?

Email them from their website or call: 1-800-551-2355

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Thank You!

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I made a spreadsheet and listed everything in my house that takes batteries on it. Now I preemptively change the batteries at least every three years on everything. And I stopped using Dura leaks. They are the worst batteries by far. Buy the Panasonic Eneloop rechargeable batteries. They don’t leak and they last 10+ years. Amazon store brand batteries have been very good to me too.

I also put a reminder on my digital calendar to remind me to check all the batteries in the house yearly. This way I can find any leakers before they become a big problem. Takes but ten minutes to run around the house and check all the batteries to make sure none are leaking.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
quote:

Big plus 1. Same experience...

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
I must have been born under a battery angel because I've been buying the Duracell bulk packs from Costco for years and have never had a failure. I love my angel. Big Grin

Jim

I returned a near full pack of AAA Duracells back to Costco that looked like the one up there all corroded. That was after some AA Duracell Alkalines had corroded and destroyed my Motorola Walkie Talkies. Duracell quality has gone bad I'm done with them. One exception, the Duracell 9V are mfg different and better, than the EverReady. But that's it. Otherwise, I'm an Eneloop person now and have yet to see my first corroded one.

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm an Eneloop person now and have yet to see my first corroded one.

That's because you're dealing with batteries that don't really leak, and when they do it's a powder.

Eneloops are NiMH batteries. The batteries that leak are Alkaline. Apples and oranges.

If you had a Duracell Rechargeable or Energizer Recharge they wouldn't leak either. Like the Eneloop, they are NiMH.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15693 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post