SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Car Dealers And Aggravation
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Car Dealers And Aggravation Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Our current cars we bought new via internet specials. Low threshold for dealing with sales persons. Friends have bought using Costco, no personal experience, they said it was relatively painless.

Posts: 202 | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You are old enough to remember Jim Moran the Courtesy Man from Chicago. Courtesy Ford. He moved to Florida and acquired Toyota dealerships. Always had some kind of gimmick but he could move those cars. He would be responsive to those kinds of complaints.

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
CarMax may be an option to look at. The last new Toyota we got was from a CarMax dealer that sold new Toyotas along with used cars.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6401 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
You are old enough to remember Jim Moran the Courtesy Man from Chicago. Courtesy Ford. He moved to Florida and acquired Toyota dealerships. Always had some kind of gimmick but he could move those cars. He would be responsive to those kinds of complaints.

I worked directly for Jim Moran for a short period of time in 2003. He was a very nice guy and very very good to all of his employees. JM Family enterprises really took care of their employees in every aspect. He was also the SouthEast Toyota distributor and also owned a vehicle finance company and warranty company. Sadly he passed away in 2005.

VTAIL- check with Costco, they have an auto buying program that is pretty good and competitive in situations with certain makes of cars like your facing. Or try emailing JM Toyota in South Florida and see what they have.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another math question dealers have a problem answering is "What is the final amount I write a check for?". I may finance it with you (a lie on my part) but what is the final price after taxes & bull shit fees?

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4266 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post